PDA

View Full Version : My fantasy baseball trade was vetoed by the league!

phillydilly
05-13-2005, 11:57 AM
this is the trade i proposed and was accepted, the league vetoed it!!!

i give up
gagne, bruce chen, orlando cabrera

i get
tejada

my other closers are brandon lyon and takatsu, so i'm fine
my other starters are mulder, sheets, bonderman, harden, and brad halsey

i didn't feel i needed the extra closer or starter, and tejada is a big upgrade over cabrera

i thought this trade was pretty fair, anyone think differently

tbach24
05-13-2005, 12:08 PM
That's really stupid.

www.fantasybaseballcafe.com (http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com)

ttleistdci
05-13-2005, 12:10 PM
That's pretty fair. It works a little more in your favor, but fair enough. While Gagne and Tejada are both the best at their positions, Tejada has more value as a power hitting SS. Good hitting infielders are tough to find.

I don't think it should have been vetoed. It's not like you're trading Chen for Tejada straight up.

If your league counts ERA, K/9, and WHIP, I would hold onto Gagne...I think he's gonna have a monster year. He should be back either Sunday or Monday. He just finished up his minor league rehab assignment...he faced 12 batters in 2 games and sat em all down.

RogerZBT
05-13-2005, 12:11 PM
It's not really "fair" (you come out better) but it's not a trade you can veto.

quadzilla
05-13-2005, 12:15 PM
You're getting the best of it but, they can't veto it. Who does he have? Does he have another SS? Who are his current closers? If the trade does nothing for him I can see where they may veto it. Tejada for Cabrera at SS is awful.

phillydilly
05-13-2005, 12:38 PM
His backup SS is Jeter

His current closers are
Graves
Baez
Wickman

His Current Starters
Pedro
Halladay
Cliff Lee
Suppan
Contreras
Brian Lawrence
Radke

ttleistdci
05-13-2005, 12:41 PM
If his backup is Jeter, then I totally agree with his move to trade one of his SSs for some help in the bullpen. I'm having more and more trouble figuring out why this was vetoed.

quadzilla
05-13-2005, 12:47 PM
There is no way they should veto that. Your league hates you.

RogerZBT
05-13-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way they should veto that. Your league hates you.

[/ QUOTE ]

pryor15
05-13-2005, 01:02 PM
is it a yahoo league, cuz they'll do that if the rankings don't match up.

CCass
05-13-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is the trade i proposed and was accepted, the league vetoed it!!!

i give up
gagne, bruce chen, orlando cabrera

i get
tejada

my other closers are brandon lyon and takatsu, so i'm fine
my other starters are mulder, sheets, bonderman, harden, and brad halsey

i didn't feel i needed the extra closer or starter, and tejada is a big upgrade over cabrera

i thought this trade was pretty fair, anyone think differently

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good reason not to play in leagues that allow trades to be vetoed.

nolanfan34
05-13-2005, 03:00 PM
I think it's a fair trade, but people probably vetoed it since Gagne is on the DL still. Wait until he comes off of it, and try again.

ttleistdci
05-13-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a fair trade, but people probably vetoed it since Gagne is on the DL still. Wait until he comes off of it, and try again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's being activated today, but has to serve a 2 game suspension first. He should be back on Sunday.

Paluka
05-13-2005, 03:03 PM
His "backup" SS is Jeter?

pryor15
05-13-2005, 03:15 PM
the other owner's getting a 3 for 1, right?

so we can assume he'll be cutting at least one player?

have him trade you the guy he'll be cutting. problem solved.

people may be looking at the fact that you're trading the best closer in baseball over the last 3 years for the #1 SS, which a lot of people would view as an even deal, but you're also giving up a good SS and a pitcher. the rest of your league doesn't care about who you've got at that position and all that. this is what they see: stud closer + World Series starting SS + young-ish SP for stud SS. based on that alone it looks bad, but not in your favor.

youtalkfunny
05-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Are the two teams involved in the trade close in the standings?

Most trades are vetoed when a near-last-place team sends talent to a contending team.

(BTW, as commissioner, I once had to veto a trade that I proposed! When the other guy found out the WR he traded for had a broken leg /images/graemlins/smile.gif, he appealed to the commissioner--me. I may have been a scoundrel of an owner, but I was a fair commish--I nixed my own deal.)

Algasm
05-13-2005, 08:45 PM
I don't really think you are fine with Takatsu and Lyon but the deal seems fair enough.