PDA

View Full Version : That's my card, baby!

DavidC
05-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Played friday morning (10a Eastern).

---

Sometimes I'll bet out on this flop between $1 and $1.50.

How would you guys normally play this hand? My main focus here is the turn, but any help on the preflop / flop is appreciated.

---

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP3 ($39.45)
CO ($25.75)
Button ($25.7)
Hero ($29.95)
BB ($22.3)
UTG ($25)
UTG+1 ($61.3)
UTG+2 ($28.07)
MP1 ($22.15)
MP2 ($23.9)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.25) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets $1</font>, MP1 calls $1, MP3 folds, Hero calls $1, BB folds.

Turn: ($4.25) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>...

Always Rockets
05-13-2005, 11:47 AM
I don't think theres anything wrong with that but if you get repopped you have to fold...either you take the pot down here or youre drawing to a diamond (And you still could be behind)...fold to a re-raise...

DavidC
05-13-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think theres anything wrong with that but if you get repopped you have to fold...either you take the pot down here or youre drawing to a diamond (And you still could be behind)...fold to a re-raise...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... I guess that depends on how much they raise me. If they minraise me, I'm getting 4 on a 16 pot and the stacks are deep enough to justify it (I'd probably get an additional $8 to $10 in on the river with my flush).

But yes, if I'm raised, I can't count my queens, because they'll make someone a boat, or lose to a straight. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

--Dave.

DavidC
05-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Does anyone just check-call this, or check-raise it? Does anyone bet less than I did?

--Dave.

AdamL
05-13-2005, 03:43 PM
If I were in this position, I'd take some junk hand like K3 (but it'd be suited at least) and repop you, and make your ass fold. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rikz
05-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I would rather bet $1.25 right at the flop to win there.

If I bet at the flop only to have a villain make a big reraise, then I would suspect a made straight or a set - so I'd fold. If a villain makes a small raise, then I might call depending on the odds of hitting my flush on the next card.

If I'm only called on the flop, then I'd usually bet 3/4 on the turn no matter what hits. Again, it's math if I'm raised to determine if it's worth calling that raise.

But if I'm called yet AGAIN on the turn, then I value bet the river ESPECIALLY if I miss my flush since you will often end up in that kind of situation (villain only calls the flop and calls the turn) where villain had a higher flush draw (i.e. Ax diamonds) that he will fold to your 1/4 pot "value bet" instead of calling with A-high.

Basically, if I'm playing for a flush or straight, I prefer to take a shot at the flop as a semi-bluff while the pot's still small. Then, read dependent, I'll keep betting until I win by getting villain to fold, I win with a flush, or I fold to a massive reraise from villain.

Does anybody else prefer to semi-bluff from the SB from the flop on rather than check/call?

Daithi
05-13-2005, 04:40 PM
This is one of those hands I like to play aggressive. So I would have check-raised on the flop (about $5). If someone moves all-in I'd probably fold, and if I get a caller I'd slow down on the turn (lead out for $3.50).

DavidC
05-13-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I were in this position, I'd take some junk hand like K3 (but it'd be suited at least) and repop you, and make your ass fold. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] BARBRA STREISAND!

crazygoose
05-13-2005, 07:10 PM
I would checkraise that turn for sure. If the villain is good he'll bet to charge the flush draw. When you raise him he'll really have little idea what you have. I think that's maximizing your winnings in this situation.
If the villain is a fish I think betting out is the right move because he'll call down with second pair if he's a real fish.

WSOPwinner10
05-13-2005, 07:24 PM
D