PDA

View Full Version : AJs in SB....right line?

JerBear77
05-13-2005, 11:16 AM
.50/1 NL Doyle's Room

Seat 1: EP ($89)
Seat 2: <font color="green"> EP+1 ($88) </font>
Seat 3: MP (129)
Seat 4: LP (49)
Seat 5: CO (61)
Seat 6:Button ($86)
Seat 7:Hero SB ($82)
Seat 8:BB ($131)
Seat 9:UTG ($81)

Hero has A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

folded to EP+1 who calls, MP calls, <font color="green">BUT raises to $2, HERO CALLS, EP+1 calls MP calls. </font>

6 Players (Pot: $10)

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, EP checks, <font color="green"> EP+1 bets $4 </font>, folded to Hero....???????

What I did..

Hero Raises to $10, EP+1 calls.
Players 2: Pot($25)
Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

<font color="green"> Hero Bets $15, MP+1 raised to $30 </font> .

River: J /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero is all in.

Results in white....
<font color="white">
Hero shows (A,J) for Js.
Villian shows (3,3) for full house of 3s.
</font>

So, my question is could i have protected my hand and pushed the flop?

Ojo_Rojo
05-13-2005, 11:38 AM
I wouldnt have check/raised this flop, youve got a good draw with overcards, but youre out of position, and the board is paired. I probably would check call here, or better still, put in a good pot-sized bet.

I think I would stop investing money with no improvement on the turn (but maybe thats just me, I guess it depends..) - and you should fold on the river, as its unlikely your Jacks are good.

Ojo_Rojo

NYCNative
05-13-2005, 11:44 AM
I think you played it fine on the Flop. I would have raised a bit more, say to $16-20, but he might make that call as well.

I would have checked the turn. Maybe the card didn't look like it helped villain, but it didn't help you and at that point you still didn't make your hand with only one card to come.

I would have thought long and hard before I called his raise on the turn. I'd guess that's a fold-or-push right there, not a call.

JerBear77
05-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah, the river bet was junk there, now that I think about it....

Is there any arguement for a push on the flop?