PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss a bet? - Final Table Hand

Cleveland Guy
05-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Okay guys, I'm going from memory.

I was told by a couple of you that I missed a bet here on the river.

I think we are 4 or 5 Handed - Blinds are I believe 800/1600

I have 40,000, and I'm on the Button. BB has over 60,000

I get AKo - and make a standard opening raise to 4,000.

SB Folds, BB Calls.

Flop - J T 4, 1 Spade.

BB Checks, I Check (Mistake?)

Turn - Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB Bets out 4,000 - I raise it up to 12,000. I plan to put the rest in on the river or let him re-raise me.

Turn - K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks, I hate this card as if he has any A - we are now splitting, and if he backdoored a flush - I am going to be dead meat.

I think I'm only going to get called on a bet here if he has an A, and he might re-raise me, which would give me a tough call.

So I check behind.

Did I miss a bet?

Chief911
05-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Yes. You have to push here. Making a weak bet just asks him to set you allin, and make you second guess yourself. Its VERY unlikely he drew this far to a flush. Make him pay.

Also, horrible check on the flop. You have to bet out here.

Nick

Cleveland Guy
05-13-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. You have to push here. Making a weak bet just asks him to set you allin, and make you second guess yourself. Its VERY unlikely he drew this far to a flush. Make him pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I push - what's the upside. Do you really think he calls with anything less than an Ace?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, horrible check on the flop. You have to bet out here.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed - I kinda noticed this one in reviewing the hand.

I was playing scared I think at this point.

DeadMoneyOC
05-13-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I push - what's the upside. Do you really think he calls with anything less than an Ace?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he would call with two pair. Maybe he will misclick or something, it doesnt really matter you should keep pushing.