PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand, preflop decision

DavidC
05-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Hey guys, don't mean to spam the forum, but this hand is another that bothered my from my 200 hand session last night. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The discussion on the A7s thread is almost done, and the KK one hasn't really started, so I figured I'd post this, to make it 2.25 posts for the top page instead of 3. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The KK vs 100xbb raise discussion didn't seem to go too far, so I'm sorry if I'm covering the same ground, but I didn't pick too much out of that thread.

-----

I want to know what you guys think of:

1) Raising and folding to a push.
2) Raising and calling a push.
3) Playing the hand for set value by calling.

---

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 ($4.65)
MP3 ($24.75)
CO ($21.3)
Button ($21.15)
Hero ($32.7)
BB ($24.85)
UTG ($14.15)
UTG+1 ($17.8)
MP1 ($25.35)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $4.9</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $16.80 (All-In), CO folds, Button folds, Hero??

-Skeme-
05-13-2005, 09:36 AM
I just call preflop, but not for set value. Calling Queens for set value is like calling A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif to draw at the flush. Queens is a powerful hand, but only powerful enough to reraise preflop against certain opponents. You have no read on this guy, I presume, which means he isn't one of the opponents you reraise Queens against. I would call his bet preflop and play it from there. If the flop is undercards I'd raise him on the flop and see what's up. And is it $11.90 or $16.80 more to you?

DavidC
05-13-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just call preflop, but not for set value. Calling Queens for set value is like calling A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif to draw at the flush. Queens is a powerful hand, but only powerful enough to reraise preflop against certain opponents. You have no read on this guy, I presume, which means he isn't one of the opponents you reraise Queens against. I would call his bet preflop and play it from there. If the flop is undercards I'd raise him on the flop and see what's up. And is it $11.90 or $16.80 more to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 11.90 (15.80 - 3.90)...

Thanks for your help, though. Playing this one on the flop makes a lot of sense.

Maybe I can keep this in mind in the future.

I ran into JJ when I had 66 on a KJ6 board in an unraised multiway pot today. Buddy was in the SB. I couldn't put him on a hand that beat me... This will go a ways towards helping me do that (but I'll probably still pay every time).