PDA

View Full Version : My first stupid play at 3/6

sweetjazz
05-13-2005, 05:00 AM
Okay, so I just moved up to 3/6. I've started by playing just one table at a time. I've actually played pretty well for 280 of my 282 hands, as far as I can judge. But it's time to post my stupid plays and find just how stupid they were.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero...

Read on the villain: His stats are 56/19/2.0 with a WTSD of 40%.

So villain is obviously a LAG and I imagine he could be check-raising a hand that I am beating here, but not nearly often enough for me to look him up. So I'll ask a hopefully more interesting question:

What's the worst hand you can have that you would call down here?

private joker
05-13-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What's the worst hand you can have that you would call down here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ace-high. Preferably a big ace like AQ.

oreogod
05-13-2005, 05:08 AM
I dont see anything wrong with it, I probably call the raise and see what the turn brings. I think most ppl would wait till the turn on a flop like this to pop u with a 3rd duece. If u are against a 4 u have a good amount of outs. He seems pretty aggressive so I doubt he would limp in with a strong hand, but I wouldnt put it past anybody. He could have a str8 draw...he could pretty much have a lot of things...so yeah I probably call this flop.

I'll let somebody esle answer your other question, its to general for me at this point and my mind is kind of fried.

sweetjazz
05-13-2005, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ace-high. Preferably a big ace like AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kind of what I'm thinking, but my opinion could be biased.

I think this is a hand where you're want to decide right now whether you're going to showdown or not. Villain is a LAG, so he's almost certainly going to bet the turn and he's going to bet a lot of rivers. So the question is whether to put down 2.5 BB to fight over the small pot. I think the problem is that one of villain's likely holdings is something like A9 or A3. While his play with Ax would be foolish against most of my holdings, it's actually correct against KJs. Also villain is very loose preflop and the BB in this hand, so I think he might call any two in this situation. Thus, he's almost as likely to have a 2 here as he would be to have a 9 on a 994 board.

I think folding this flop is best. But I'm tempted to call down with most Aces that I open-raised with.

oreogod
05-13-2005, 05:22 AM
Im guessing u lost by the the posts.

But I think folding the turn is better.

sweetjazz
05-13-2005, 05:33 AM
How many outs are you counting for our overcards? I'm tempted to say 4.5 - 5. He could have 2x, K4, J4, 44, AK, KQ, or AJ (the latter three being perhaps less likely), which would taint our overcards. He could also have JJ -- AA and be trying to get tricky to build a bigger pot with them. All other holdings are fine, I think. And we have 1 out for our backdoor flush draw.

Even so, I think it's a bit too thin to take one off to try to hit. We really aren't going to extract that much from him even if we do improve.

All that said, calling the flop bet and checking UI is probably pretty close to just folding the flop raise. The problem for us is that our hand isn't worth going to showdown with UI, even though villain may be bluffing a worse hand some of the time here.

Do you have a plan if you call the flop bet and he checks to you, assuming that the turn is a non-J, non-K, non- /images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

scotty34
05-13-2005, 05:35 AM
Call it, he may have a PP here, or he could just be an idiot with nothing. I would think you have two overs and are drawing to 6 clean outs if you are behind. The backdoor flush can also be considered. I think I fold the turn UI though.

oreogod
05-13-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How many outs are you counting for our overcards? I'm tempted to say 4.5 - 5. He could have 2x, K4, J4, 44, AK, KQ, or AJ (the latter three being perhaps less likely), which would taint our overcards. He could also have JJ -- AA and be trying to get tricky to build a bigger pot with them. All other holdings are fine, I think. And we have 1 out for our backdoor flush draw.

Even so, I think it's a bit too thin to take one off to try to hit. We really aren't going to extract that much from him even if we do improve.

All that said, calling the flop bet and checking UI is probably pretty close to just folding the flop raise. The problem for us is that our hand isn't worth going to showdown with UI, even though villain may be bluffing a worse hand some of the time here.

Do you have a plan if you call the flop bet and he checks to you, assuming that the turn is a non-J, non-K, non- /images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets say we discount, which I dont really think u need to do here or that much...but lest say we go 4.5 ish outs for over cards, plus a BD flush for 1.5.

we have 6 to 6.5 outs, what are the pot odds u need to call? How much is in the pot, compared to the one bet back to u have to call, its what 7.3:1 to call the bet and u have a 6 to 6.5 to 1 odds with your outs... Folding the flop is weak...the turn card could improve the situation dramatically. If not then u can fold.

Maybe he flopped a full house, I dont know, but most of the time, u will have a good number of outs in this situation.

oreogod
05-13-2005, 06:03 AM
An argument could be made for folding if u dont have a BD flush draw, if u are up against 3 2s, the BD flush draw comes in handy.

I fold the turn if I dont improve. Its sinks to 4bbs and if u dont hit any of your cards, u dont have the odds to go on.

chief444
05-13-2005, 07:31 AM
I wouldn't fold until seeing the turn at least.

To call down from there or not depends partly on the turn card and a lot on the opponent but I can't imaging calling down without at least a decent A-high. Although against a 56/19/2 I would call down with an ace most likely here.

sweetjazz
05-13-2005, 11:27 AM
I stubbornly went into call-down mode, seduced by the 224 board that he must be making a move and I wanted to keep him bluffing with the hands I was ahead of. Of course, the main problem is I am not ahead of many hands here.

The turn was the T /images/graemlins/heart.gif, while the river was the 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Villain bet all streets and I called down. He shows A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif, and MHING.

I like the line suggested here of calling the flop and folding the turn UI. I think just folding the flop raise is probably a somewhat close second. Calling down was just ugh.

Yads
05-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Calling down against a LAG with King high will usually be a losing proposition unless he's a complete maniac. I'll echo the general sentiment that I call the flop and fold the turn UI.

Piiop
05-13-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm too late