DoubleDown
05-13-2005, 02:59 AM
Party $50NL 6-handed (.25/.50)

UTG: Solid player ($67)
Button: very LAG ($63)
SB (Hero): image = TAG ($47)
BB: TAG ($66)

Hero is dealt KK in the SB.

UTG raises to $2. 2 folds. Button calls $2. Hero raises to $9. BB calls $9. UTG re-raises all-in ($67). Button calls ($63). [pot size= ~$150] Hero ??

Results in White:
<font color="white">Hero folds. BB "damn, wanted to see flop- is JJ beat?"; folds.
UTG has AA. Button has ATs
</font>

BZ_Zorro
05-13-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG: Solid player ($67)

[/ QUOTE ]
That says it all imo. He's not pushing heavy action with jacks against a TAG. Tough beat man, it could have been kings just as easily, but three way I'm not paying to find out, even into a pot this big. Hero folds. I expect a lot to disagree with these pot odds though.

Mathemagician
05-13-2005, 09:26 AM
A call here is not out of the question at all. Players at these levels will try to bluff and represent AA when they have anything TT-QQ, AK, or AQ (you're a 75-80% favorite). Unless you have a solid read that your opponent is super-tight, I wouldn't lay this down. This hand had a similar line to yours...

PokerRoom 100NL

PRE-FLOP
KnighttoF4 checks, hurricanesky calls $1, Bluff-N-King calls $1, michmatt1 folds, sexyeva calls $1, Dunmungus folds, sagaloki folds, Hero bets $6, Inndamoney calls $5.50, bangmonsta folds, KnighttoF4 folds, hurricanesky folds, Bluff-N-King calls $5, sexyeva bets $93.50 and is all-in, Hero calls $88.50, Inndamoney folds, Bluff-N-King folds.

RIVER

[b]SHOWDOWN
sexyeva shows [ JH,JS ]
Hero shows [ KH,KS ]
sexyeva wins $201.

This one happened to hit the two outer, but I'll take KK vs JJ all-in preflop any day of the week.

M

DoubleDown
05-13-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand had a similar line to yours...

[/ QUOTE ]

and by similar, you mean completely different ... villain limp-re-raised all-in Preflop in your hand, whereas he opened the betting and 3-bet all-in Preflop in the one I posted