PDA

View Full Version : online poker on the up and up?

ChipLeaderer
05-13-2005, 02:08 AM
After being dealt bad beat after bad beat on sites like bodog and royal vegas(faces 5 flopped str8s in one heads up match and lost the first hand of another heads up match with 3 aces with a K against a full house aces full of deuces) I have come to the conclusion that online poker is not completely on the up and up. not saying it's rigged to support the other player, but more that it's juiced so as to induce action. does anyone have an alternate view on the subject?

Karak567
05-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Put on your flame proof suit, you're gunna need it.

ChipLeaderer
05-13-2005, 02:18 AM
huh? what does that mean?

Anyone who has been on bodog can relate to what I'm saying. You flop a str8 someone has 2 pair and makes a full house on the river. You fop a full house someone has 3 of a kind and loses their stack.

So sometimes it works to your advantage and sometimes it doesn't. still is kinda suspect. this isn;t like over 10K hands or something. I'm talking about action over 1-2 days. Doesn't anyone find that sh*t strange.

eastbay
05-13-2005, 02:19 AM
Your conclusion is based on insignificant evidence.

I am aware of no significant evidence of "action deals" or any other non-random deal characteristic that has ever been produced for any site.

Can we get a line in the FAQ on this (I don't really care what it says), so we can at least just "FAQ, next" when this garbage comes up?

eastbay

The Yugoslavian
05-13-2005, 02:19 AM
At least post this trash in the Zoo (Internet Forum).

Also, if at all possible, just delete your thread/post/account/anything else you can.

Thanks in advance.

Yugoslav

ChipLeaderer
05-13-2005, 02:22 AM
just surprised that people are like true believers and stuff. Would you like not even question this. HAve any of you actually played on these sites that I mention. Or is it just f'ing blind faith that your poker skill is all that it takes. what if it isn't. stop and think about that

eastbay
05-13-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
huh? what does that mean?

Anyone who has been on bodog can relate to what I'm saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every week, someone makes this claim about some particular site. PokerStars is called RiverStars, Party Poker is run by the mob, etc, etc, etc ad nauseum.

It's poker. Unlucky [censored] happens, and people have selective memory over it.

Either publish an analysis which shows a non-random deal characteristic which is statistically significant, or kindly shut the hell up. Thanks.

eastbay

tomdemaine
05-13-2005, 02:27 AM
A lot of these people have a bajillion hands logged on tracking software and ........ suprise suprise the distribution seems to follow exactly what it should be plus or minus normal variation.

ripped
05-13-2005, 02:27 AM
First off this bullshit is not meant for this forum. Secondly I dont think it is meant for the Zoo either.

There has got to be about 10 posts a month claiming that poker sites are either rigged or deal action flops or a number of other bs. If you cant win at online poker and deal with badbeats then continue working for a living and quit playing poker. Leave the badbeats to the pros.

ChipLeaderer
05-13-2005, 02:28 AM
ok that's just what I will do thank you.

bluefeet
05-13-2005, 02:29 AM
*collective applause*

ChipLeaderer
05-13-2005, 02:33 AM
atleast i didnt f'ing go broke like u will. you will go broke over say 10000 games. that statistically significant enough for you. b*tch!

tomdemaine
05-13-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
atleast i didnt f'ing go broke like u will. you will go broke over say 10000 games. that statistically significant enough for you. b*tch!

[/ QUOTE ]

fantastic

ripped
05-13-2005, 02:35 AM
I have played poker 6-12 hours a day for the last 2 years anmd not worked a day since I started playing pro. I highly doubt that I will go broke EVER. We know how to stay away from broke. Ty for your concern and go back to your $10 an hour job while I continue to make $60 an hour tax free.

gasgod
05-13-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have played poker 6-12 hours a day for the last 2 years anmd not worked a day since I started playing pro. I highly doubt that I will go broke EVER. We know how to stay away from broke. Ty for your concern and go back to your $10 an hour job while I continue to make $60 an hour tax free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tax free? Please consult your accountant/lawyer.

GG

eastbay
05-13-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tax free? Please consult your accountant/lawyer.

GG

[/ QUOTE ]

The world isn't subject to US tax laws.

Either that or what you said.

eastbay

ripped
05-13-2005, 02:41 AM
Canada baby! We dont get taxed on gambling winnings.

We COULD get taxed if we declared it as income though.

Newt_Buggs
05-13-2005, 02:42 AM
this thread is funny. I bet that all of the people who have been on here for several years have read so many hundereds of these posts that they can't take it anymore, but I'm still able to find them amusing.

gasgod
05-13-2005, 02:42 AM
You're right, I jumped the gun assuming he was USA. My bad.

GG

bluefeet
05-13-2005, 02:49 AM
ok, you're right /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[please don't share this info]

a little known fact: the faint pulse in your right index finger is picked up by the mouse. the highly complex and evil (with a warped sense of humor) programs running on the poker sights' server intercept this data. at the very moment 2 players turn over their cards for showdown, a quick analysis is done on the tempermant of both players. simplified it answers the question: "which of of these players would more likely have a cerebral hemorrhage if i were to saaaaaaaaaaay - drop another 2 on the river to bust his trips?".

mind you this doesn't happen ALL the time. occasionally - just to make the bad beats all the more excruciating, it will let YOU suck out...maybe win a game or two.

personally, i've switched to a wireless optical mouse. dunno if it will help - check back in say 10000 games or so.

Messy_Jesse
05-13-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I continue to make $60 an hour

[/ QUOTE ]
You;ve been playing for 2 year and only make $60/hr??? Hahahaha- I've been playing for three months and been making approximately $90 an hour- the last 500 SNGs ive been making $120+ an hour.... hahahaha....

EDIT: I am drunk and am my ego is super-inflated. Sorry...

ripped
05-13-2005, 03:04 AM
Whats your point? I am playing the 20's. If I moved up limits I'd be making more. I have been playing sng's for 2 months. I am working on my leaks so when I move up limits I am solid all around. Before these I was a NL player and quit NL because 1 day I would make $2000 and next drop $1500 of it. The variance in the bigger games are hard to handle.

I am very happy you are making $90 an hour. You are so good you shouldnt even be posting here. Would you like a medal or a chest to pin it on? You know whats funny? When I read your reply I knew you were some punk assed kid. You profile confirms it.

Now be gone, kid

ferb
05-13-2005, 03:08 AM
60$/hour seems pretty rich for the 20's even if your 8-tabling.

ripped
05-13-2005, 03:11 AM
not really. 8 tabling you get about 12 STT's an hour in and I average $5 a tourney with +20% ROI. 5x12=60

augie00
05-13-2005, 03:13 AM
Double Bogie. I am going to drop trou and squeeze out a Cleveland Steamer on your chest.

flo
05-13-2005, 03:16 AM
You won't come to any conclusion just thinking about it. Or ranting about it. Collect data and analyse it, that's the only way.

Degen
05-13-2005, 03:17 AM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

think we might have to start a new forum, or get a moderator soon...this place is deteriorating rapidly.

Andre

FieryJustice
05-13-2005, 03:25 AM
This [censored] is obviously rigged. How can I lose with AA 11 times in a row, all all in preflop?

Jcardshark

Bluff Daddy
05-13-2005, 03:30 AM
im moving to canada

KJ o
05-13-2005, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So sometimes it works to your advantage and sometimes it doesn't. still is kinda suspect. this isn;t like over 10K hands or something. I'm talking about action over 1-2 days. Doesn't anyone find that sh*t strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it strange that you put more stock in what happens over a day or two than what happens over loads of hands.

Time for s stats calls, perhaps?

ReDeYES88
05-13-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

think we might have to start a new forum, or get a moderator soon...this place is deteriorating rapidly.

Andre

[/ QUOTE ]

Wes ManTooth
05-13-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Andre

[/ QUOTE ]

So true...

Some what amusing and at the same time more so depressing...

Tilt
05-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Once, JUST ONCE, I would like some of these people who claim this to come forward with some data.

If it was "juiced to induce action", show us how monster hands have occurred more frequently than probability would suggest over a significant sample.

I recently looked at my pokertracker HH's for the last 50,000 hands and found that I am getting dealt AA and KK or spiking hands like sets and full houses almost exactly as often as I should. And my AA/KK was winning showdowns just about as often as would be predicted.

So, by all means keep playing and don't worry about it. Judging by the quality of your post and logic you are the kind of player we all want to keep online.

wiggs73
05-13-2005, 10:09 AM
what this boils down to, very simply, is someone's inability to handle a bad beat, or a series of bad beats. someone makes a hand that they weren't favored to, so obviously, online poker must be rigged (or at least "on the up and up"). i always enjoy how folks say, "it must be rigged, he drew out on me when i was an 80% favorite, wtf?!". nevermind that the other guy is SUPPOSED to win 1 in 5 times. of course, then they inform me that it's happened 3 times in a row. good god...

seriously, please come back when you have a few thousand sng's under your belt AND some sort of tangible data that shows an irregularity in bad beats that is too great to be the result of simple variance. until then, do us all a favor and stop posting. thank you.

Unarmed
05-13-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Canada baby! We dont get taxed on gambling winnings.

We COULD get taxed if we declared it as income though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure about that? We certainly don't get taxed if its not our primary source of income. You might have a hard time proving that if you ever get audited though. If you've done any research on this I'd love to know the loopholes.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1095183&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1

Fins
05-13-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This [censored] is obviously rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

It IS rigged! (http://www.billrini.com/archives/001169.html)

fluorescenthippo
05-13-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone who has been on bodog can relate to what I'm saying. You flop a str8 someone has 2 pair and makes a full house on the river. You fop a full house someone has 3 of a kind and loses their stack.

So sometimes it works to your advantage and sometimes it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA that last line is great

beeyjay
05-13-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or is it just f'ing blind faith that your poker skill is all that it takes.

[/ QUOTE ]
all that loot i'm stackin is a little more than blind faith.

draw2aflush
05-13-2005, 05:44 PM
WOOOOOOW!!!! 1 or 2 days CRAZY.Come on.We all know what you are talking about.It has a name.Its POKER.You should remember that there is 2 to 3 times as many hands dealt online opposed to live play and that is if you are only playing 1 table.So you are going to see alot more strange things happening.Hopefully this might shine a light on things for you.Dam some of you guys are brutal to this poster.Sounds like this might have just started. MAY ALL YOUR ACES GET CRACKED

Scuba Chuck
05-14-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This [censored] is obviously rigged.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It IS rigged!

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be the single funniest thing I've seen on poker this year! LMFAO.

Oluwafemi
05-14-2005, 10:25 AM
the Righteous Bad Beat PD. you guys pulls out more fake badges than those toy cops posted up at the Galleria. flaming someone to teach them a lesson, show them the right[eous] path, or get your point across does more harm than it does good. if it were a such thing as "The Moral Majority" in online poker forums, then you guys would be bootleg Popes, Cardinals, and Bishops. that's not saying a whole helluva lot.

if someone wants to write a bad beat post or authors a thread on the shadiness of online poker, so what? if anything, you make yourself look [dumb and dumber] by getting pissed off about a subject that does'nt even directly affect you personally, nor your pocket$. it's ridiculous to see grown men and women in these forums acting like their in elementary school.

the best thing to do when you see a thread on a subject you see no possible interest in or benefit to come out of it is to simply: [ QUOTE ]
DO NOT READ IT!

[/ QUOTE ] four words that spell out a clear, concise action. an action that is real easy to do, not too complicated, but yet, so many seem too disregard it's simple directive. nobody is anybody to the point where they can tell somebody else what they can and can't do in these forums. if David and Mat Sklansky had such a problem with these type subjects, it's their job to police it, not yours. if your performance in bad beat enforcement was graded on how well you prevented bad beat or rigged online poker threads [crimes], then it's no wonder you're entrusted with policing 11 year old boosters at KayBee's with a walkie-talkie.

in the immortal words of Mason Malmuth:
[ QUOTE ]
nothing else needs to be said.

[/ QUOTE ]

NYCNative
05-14-2005, 10:40 AM
People fail to realize that Hold 'Em is a game of exploiting small edges. Aces will get cracked by 72o 13 times out of 100! Combined with the fact that most scenarios aren't as cut & drued as "best hand vs. worst" and you see a lot of hands online and it's a game ripe for bad beats. Don't like bad beats? Play another form of poker. I understand Omaha and Stud are less forgiving...

wiggs73
05-14-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if anything, you make yourself look [dumb and dumber] by getting pissed off about a subject that does'nt even directly affect you personally, nor your pocket$.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you not just do the same thing?

Freudian
05-14-2005, 04:48 PM
If you are smart you will get yourself a pattern mapper and be one step ahead of the foul riggers.

kyro
05-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Don't you think it's possible that people here are just tired of crap clogging up our forums? It DOES affect us directly.

Oluwafemi
05-14-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think it's possible that people here are just tired of crap clogging up our forums? It DOES affect us directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

so how DOES if affect you? does it affect you Physically or Mentally ? are you and a bunch of other posters who have a problem with these threads sitting around in therapy because of the physical and emotional abuse that they have caused you? what about Financially ? does the fact that the OP posing a question of online poker being rigged prevent you from making your money from poker? please tell me, because if it is maybe i need to start some of these threads and then log on to your table.

the majority of the posts in this thread are from people who did'nt even start it. so you tell me who's really doing the clogging?

ChipLeaderer
05-16-2005, 07:42 PM
I really think most of the people on this forum need to chill out a little. What I'm saying is not a bad beat post. I'm questioning something that most of you think is unquestionable.

How many of you have seen these instances?
You're 4 tabling on Partypoker - Every time you get a pocket pair, you get pocket pairs on all the other tables
On Bodog - stright flushes cracking flushes multiple times(like 5 times in about 10-12 rounds i.e 120 hands). Is that just normal variance. Probably. What if it happens every single day?

Even if the action is not juiced, could it be possible that the algorithm used to ensure randomness is flawed at these sites.

Again, this is not a bad beat post. I realise that 72o can crack AA. If you dont have anything constructive to say then dont say it. I'm personally moving to B & M for now and I've been doing quite well.

Who knows, maybe I'm full of sh*t and just couldn't deal with the 4x bad beats that come with 4 tabling. cheers