PDA

View Full Version : Last one for the night

pokerjo22
05-13-2005, 01:50 AM
So yeah, I think I overplayed this one. Villain was another overly loose, but not overly aggressive type. Comments?

Ultimate Bet 10/20 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Heroine is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Heroine folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

New001
05-13-2005, 01:56 AM
I wouldn't bet the river. Either check/call if you want to showdown or check/fold.

Shillx
05-13-2005, 01:57 AM
The river bet makes no sense in this spot. No worse hand will call and no better hand will fold. The correct line is to check and then call/fold to a river bet based on how often he is bluffing. It is hard to say if calling or folding is correct if he bets since it is a read based play and it is hard for an onlooker to know exactly how he plays.

Brad

JoshuaD
05-13-2005, 01:57 AM
I check/call the river without a read. Induce a bluff from a flush draw, see a showdown. This is pretty read dependent though, you can check/fold if he's not bluffing this river.

KDawgCometh
05-13-2005, 02:01 AM
I'd check fold this. Since you didn't give a possible bluffing frequency, it looks to me that they hit an oesd on the river. I'd be more inclined to check/call if it didn't complete a draw

Trix
05-13-2005, 02:25 AM
try to induce a bluff on the river cuz you wont get a better hand to fold and its hard to see a worse one calling too /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

imported_leader
05-13-2005, 07:05 AM
If you believe you have the best hand on the river, check/call is much better then bet/fold here. He's not paying you off with a worse hand, and will bluff raise you on occasion.

Kailia Marie
05-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi Jo,

A mistake I see a lot of players with TAG-like tendacies is to auto-bet this river. But you must ask yourself at all streets why you are doing what you're doing. What I find helpful when I think I'm playing bad or have questions is play a single table and re-inforce every single decision I make at all times. This means saying things like:

"I'm folding JTo in MP because it doesn't play well in this position."
"I have top pair medium kicker. I will bet for value."
"I've just been raised. I am getting 9-1 to try to hit my four out gutshot."
"I've been betting the whole way. He's been calling the whole way. Betting this river will never be called by a worse hand and will never fold a better hand, but checking may get a showdown or get him to bluff."

This may sound tedious at first since poker can seem like a mindless mechanical game, but thinking street by street like this can be very beneficial to your game. You may find out something about your game or the way you think that you never thought before.

Incidently on this river you should check and call against most players. The board is draw heavy enough that he will bluff a missed draw here enough to make a call correct, barring any super reads of course.

Hope this helped,

/images/graemlins/heart.gifKailia

flair1239
05-13-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Jo,

A mistake I see a lot of players with TAG-like tendacies is to auto-bet this river. But you must ask yourself at all streets why you are doing what you're doing. What I find helpful when I think I'm playing bad or have questions is play a single table and re-inforce every single decision I make at all times. This means saying things like:

"I'm folding JTo in MP because it doesn't play well in this position."
"I have top pair medium kicker. I will bet for value."
"I've just been raised. I am getting 9-1 to try to hit my four out gutshot."
"I've been betting the whole way. He's been calling the whole way. Betting this river will never be called by a worse hand and will never fold a better hand, but checking may get a showdown or get him to bluff."

This may sound tedious at first since poker can seem like a mindless mechanical game, but thinking street by street like this can be very beneficial to your game. You may find out something about your game or the way you think that you never thought before.

Incidently on this river you should check and call against most players. The board is draw heavy enough that he will bluff a missed draw here enough to make a call correct, barring any super reads of course.

Hope this helped,

/images/graemlins/heart.gifKailia

[/ QUOTE ]

Al Schoomaker strongly reccomends this in his book.

Yads
05-13-2005, 05:29 PM
I check fold that river against all, but the most aggressive opponents.