PDA

View Full Version : early on with good draw on turn, deep stacks

dark_horse
05-13-2005, 01:15 AM
tonight i played a $20 7 handed STT with some friends. 1st place paid $100, 2nd place paid $40. starting chip stacks was T2000. blinds started at 25/25 with 15 minute rounds.

it was the second round when the following hand came up. nobody was out yet. i'm on the button. the player in the cutoff is the best player at the table, shrewd, quick-thinking, generally tight but capable of making moves and very good at reading people. i'm glad he's on my right.

cutoff has 2000, i have 1800. blinds are 25/50. it's folded to him preflop, and he calls the 100 blind. i look down at A/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif. i raise to 200. blinds fold, he calls for 150 more. pot contains 475.

flop comes 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif. he checks. i think he expects me to make a continuation bet. i can't explain why, but i was uncomfortable betting on the flop this time, and to mix up my play a bit, i just checked. i also didn't want him playing back at me. a bit of fear, yes.

turn is 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif. he bets 450, about the pot. pot now has 925. i'm getting about 2:1. i feel my overcards could be live and my flush draw give me a total of 15 outs. assuming all the outs are live, that's about 2:1. by now, i had a feeling he was trying to take the pot away from me. after his bet he's got 1350 left, and before i act i have 1600.

what's your play?

dark_horse
05-13-2005, 02:55 AM
correction: preflop he calls the 50 big blind, not 100.

bluefeet
05-13-2005, 02:58 AM
call
give it up if you don't find AQorSPADE
if you 'only' catch the AorQ, call/check the river

of course, i'm sure you'll find a-plenty that'll say "push!"