PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dreams

DeezNuts
05-13-2005, 01:13 AM
This movie just came out on DVD. Just watched it. Wow. It gives you chills and really hits a lot of different emotions. Better than almost everything Hollywood puts out these days. I haven't seen a movie that connects you to the protagonists so well, real or imagined, in quite some time. Everyone should try to see this.

I do wish they had more and better extras considering how long the movie took to release on DVD.

DN

PoBoy321
05-13-2005, 01:21 AM
My dad is good friends with the guy who wrote the book. He's a good guy.

Anyway, I think that any movie where Leonardo DiCaprio sucks dick for coke money in a subway bathroom gets an A+ in my book.

DeezNuts
05-13-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I think that any movie where Leonardo DiCaprio sucks dick for coke money in a subway bathroom gets an A+ in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhh....wrong movie....maybe you confused it with a personal dream? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DN

PoBoy321
05-13-2005, 01:26 AM
Oh yeah, you're right. I'm confusing it with Basketball Diaries.

Anyway, any movie where Leonardo DiCaprio doesn't suck dick for coke money in a subway bathroom gets an F- in my book. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

J_V
05-13-2005, 06:02 AM
Great movie. It's set in Chicago, so I knew the stories before they came out. Sad what happened to Gates. I saw Agee playing in the developmental league I think.

I'm glad the movie made the St. Joe's coach look like [censored], because he really is.

NLSoldier
05-13-2005, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My dad is good friends with the guy who wrote the book. He's a good guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahh i laugehed out load for a good few min at this! POTD

Schneids
05-13-2005, 06:20 AM
Awesome movie, I'm really glad you made this post because I had no idea it was out and now I gotta buy it. Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stankybank
05-13-2005, 04:07 PM
If you enjoyed watching Hoop Dreams, check out this. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389010/plotsummary)

One thing he does is jump over a car. I won't spoil the rest.