PDA

View Full Version : I Think I Played It Good

toss
05-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Just sat down.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Good?

Yobz
05-13-2005, 12:36 AM
I think I would bet/call the river, but I think the rest looks good

KDawgCometh
05-13-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't think I'm capping AQo here against an unknown HU OOP. I don't think he'd have that good of a read on you to threebet you w/o a holding that has you at best in a coinflip PF. Are you checking the river because you think he backdoored a flush, or just hit a set of eights.

Shillx
05-13-2005, 12:39 AM
No I don't like it much. I would like it a lot less if a jack were not on board, but I would go for a check/raise on this river just about everytime. Check-calling licks balls.

Brad

toss
05-13-2005, 12:40 AM
I capped since I opened on CO and he was the button. I guess I wanted to induce a bluff on the river.

toss
05-13-2005, 12:43 AM
So I missed an oppurtunity to extract more bets on the river?

scotty34
05-13-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but I would go for a check/raise on this river just about everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call or Fold if 3-bet?

Michael Davis
05-13-2005, 12:44 AM
"I don't think I'm capping AQo here against an unknown HU OOP. I don't think he'd have that good of a read on you to threebet you w/o a holding that has you at best in a coinflip PF. Are you checking the river because you think he backdoored a flush, or just hit a set of eights."

If he's at all decent, his range of threebetting hands from the button against a CO openraise is relatively wide, so capping with AQo is mandatory.

-Michael

Shillx
05-13-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I missed an oppurtunity to extract more bets on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think so. You would usually hear from AK or AJ sometime during the hand so it is hard to think that you are beat here (obviously if I were the villian I would have call-call-raised AK but most players will not do that). And the other problem with check-calling is that QQ and KK and whatnot might check behind on the river. IMO, if you are planning on check/calling, you should have just bet it in the 1st place. You have to think you are good here dude...

Brad

toss
05-13-2005, 12:48 AM
Yeah... I guess I'm playing much too timidly since my results at 2/4 haven't been so stellar so far.

Edit Results:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ac Qd (one pair, aces).
Button has Kh Ah (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Button wins 9.75 BB. </font>