PDA

View Full Version : Interesting 5 handed BB situation

Scuba Chuck
05-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi) <font color="white"> Villain had QTo </font>

MP (t725)
Button (t1135)
SB (t1180)
Hero (t1145)
UTG (t3815)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">MP is allin</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls t425.

Flop: (t875) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t875) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t875) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t875

Pot odds are 2.76:1, and I would think his hand range is pretty wide. On the other side, if I lose, I'm left with t420.

What do you think of this call?
(This is a $22)

UMTerp
05-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Damn, that's tough. I think you have to bite the bullet and call though. Like you said, the pot odds make definitely make it chip-EV with his range, and even if you lose, you can still get lucky and double up back to contention next hand. Another consideration is that unless your opponents are bad, your FE is gone if you don't play this hand.

sng-sam
05-13-2005, 12:18 AM
too much of your stack at stake chuck. It's tempting but too big of a downside. Curious what the math guys say with ICM but I think given that you are 5 handed and not 4, and that your stack is pretty pathetic you have to let him have it. But I'm a weak tight puss.

SAM

sng-sam
05-13-2005, 12:22 AM
my experience with 22ers is that they ARE that bad and they DO give him FE he doesn't have with better players.

kiffl
05-13-2005, 12:27 AM
That is a really hard call, but I think you should do it if you wanna shoot for first. You are probably facing Ax so you are only a slight dog, making it +EV I think to call.

curtains
05-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Very clear call IMO.

adanthar
05-13-2005, 12:33 AM
This would be interesting if your hand added up to something like a 12 or maybe a 14. It adds up to 20 so the only interesting part for me is why you failed to river quads.

The Yugoslavian
05-13-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What do you think of this call?
(This is a $22)

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard. Unless there are very special table dynamics.

What do you do with K3o or 74o?

Yugoslav

ChrisCo
05-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Easy call IMO.

Would like to see some ICM numbers though to see how close it really is.

The Yugoslavian
05-13-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Would like to see some ICM numbers though to see how close it really is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry...it's not unless you construct a special pushing range to make it close.

Yugoslav

uphigh_downlow
05-13-2005, 12:45 AM
with a few assumptions of-course.

There are a variety of hands that u could be up against.

considering an array of possible hands, a fairly conservative estimate would be that you are facing a 40% 60% matchup. It could be worse.

AS it turns out, with any given holding in this situation, a call wouldnt be a very wrong decision.

Scuba Chuck
05-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Yugo, in a good mood tonight? Surprised I didn't get any discouraging thoughts about me slumming.

Scuba

The Yugoslavian
05-13-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yugo, in a good mood tonight? Surprised I didn't get any discouraging thoughts about me slumming.

Scuba

[/ QUOTE ]

Slumming what?

'You haven't been rollin' fags in the park again have you??' /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I haven't played a hand of poker in like 9 days....the utlimate slum, /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Yugoslav
Who doesn't think 'interesting' is the right descriptive word for the title of your post, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Scuba Chuck
05-13-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who doesn't think 'interesting' is the right descriptive word for the title of your post,

[/ QUOTE ]

It was interesting to me. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The situation caught me off guard. I'm 6 tabling (first time) and this is usually an automuck, but I spent a moment to rethink the situation.

By the way, it's interesting to some, as you can see SNG-Sam got this very wrong.

ilya
05-13-2005, 01:39 AM
You gotta call, you're probably almost even money and you're getting an insane overlay. It isn't close IMO.

The Yugoslavian
05-13-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

By the way, it's interesting to some, as you can see SNG-Sam got this very wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how that makes it interesting to SNG-Sam. It's interesting he may have been way off...but that doesn't make your OP interesting, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

At least it wasn't a 'JJ raped me here...what do I do /images/graemlins/confused.gif ' post.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yugoslav