PDA

View Full Version : A7s in trouble

DavidC
05-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Unfortunately no reads; I'd just sat down.

I put SB on a weaker pair than aces.

Edit: comment on all streets, but please try to comment on the decision where the hand history ends.

-----

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($23)
BB ($19.35)
UTG ($21)
UTG+1 ($24.75)
UTG+2 ($24.75)
Hero ($26.45)
MP2 ($4.9)
MP3 ($72.92)
CO ($54.6)
Button ($19.2)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, MP3 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $0.9</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4.50) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, MP3 folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $12</font>, Hero...

xorbie
05-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Fold PF, especially if you know you have a tendency to play Axs for TPNK value. This is called overplaying.

DavidC
05-12-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold PF, especially if you know you have a tendency to play Axs for TPNK value. This is called overplaying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool...

Fold first time around or second time around pf?

What position should I be in to play the hand?

--Dave.

xorbie
05-12-2005, 11:17 PM
First time. I wouldn't play Axs until you are in CO/button because that way if an A does flop, and if nobody bets you can be somewhat confident your TP is good.

midget23
05-13-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool...

Fold first time around or second time around pf?

What position should I be in to play the hand?

--Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

its garbage, i wouldnt play it from anywhere except the CO or button and only for flush value with 3 or 4 limpers, less than that and its autofold

BZ_Zorro
05-13-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A7s in trouble

[/ QUOTE ]
I confess I found some amusement in the title of your post, and even more amusement after reading it. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BZ_Zorro
05-13-2005, 01:12 AM
Seriously though, this is why you never get involved with A7s, at least not from middle position with utg in the pot already, and especially after a pf raise.

Why?

Because there's an excellent chance someone is limping a weaker or stronger A, and you have no idea. Both are bad news, because how do you know? Any action, even overplayed middle pair, is going to put your stress level through the roof, and cause you to make amusing posts in 2+2. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

P.S. I'm only making fun of you because you know better

To answer you questions:

Fold PF to the raise after utg calls it also. Fold on the flop when SB bets and UTG calls. Your read on SB may be right but UTG is a wildcard. If you must overbet (reraise) your hand to $7, fold it once UTG reraises you back.

BTW you're paying 4BB to see a flop when only your A is going to be any good(not likely either). You have a 15% chance of flopping that, a lesser chance of a four flush. Get out.

DavidC
05-13-2005, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously though, this is why you never get involved with A7s, at least not from middle position with utg in the pot already, and especially after a pf raise.

Why?

Because there's an excellent chance someone is limping a weaker or stronger A, and you have no idea. Both are bad news, because how do you know? Any action, even overplayed middle pair, is going to put your stress level through the roof, and cause you to make amusing posts in 2+2. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

P.S. I'm only making fun of you because you know better

To answer you questions:

Fold PF to the raise after utg calls it also. Fold on the flop when SB bets and UTG calls. Your read on SB may be right but UTG is a wildcard. If you must overbet (reraise) your hand to $7, fold it once UTG reraises you back.

BTW you're paying 4BB to see a flop when only your A is going to be any good(not likely either). You have a 15% chance of flopping that, a lesser chance of a four flush. Get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't post it if I knew better (well, maybe, but I would have put "no content" in the title).

I am a little embarassed about the hand, though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

OOC, though, does everyone here fold when the action gets back to them on the flop (the second time)? That's why I ended up doing.

PinkSteel
05-13-2005, 08:54 AM
I used to play Axs from anywhere when I first started playing online. Then I started reading this forum and it was about the first thing I dropped from EP/MP. I still play it from MP3 (leak?) on, but I fold to anything more than a minraise.

And once in, I have to remind myself why I played the hand -- for the flush. If you don't see two of your suit or hit two pair on the flop, you have to forget it.

I would have folded at each point in your hand, not least because UTG is right there with you and he's probably got you beat from the start.