PDA

View Full Version : RAKED, over the coals...

spkid
05-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Here's my sad rakeback story. I am new to all of this so I picked one affiliate(to remain nameless so my post remains here) and signed up to a popular poker site. After about 800 hands of play I contacted my affiliate to ask if I could track my rake through them and that's when they told me I wasn't in the system. Later that day they told me they checked into it and the site said that I was signed up through a different affiliate and that neither I nor my affiliate would be getting paid for my play. Then the site responded to my inquiry by saying that there is nothing they can do for me but "let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you. And thank you for playing at Absolute Bullshit Poker." By the way, I know 800 hands is not alot, but it's a little effed up when you think you're geting some of your rake back and you're not....

CountDuckula
05-12-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm guessing that you downloaded the software through another affiliate's link, and that invalidated the promo code you entered for the rakeback affiliate. Sux, but that's the way it works.

-Mike

spkid
05-12-2005, 11:15 PM
No, when I said I picked ONE affiliate to use I meant that that affiliate was the only one I every came in contact with. I was never even on another affiliate's website!!

CountDuckula
05-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Did you go directly to the Absolute website to D/L the software, or did you click a banner ad to get there? Even if you just clicked on a banner ad, there's a possibility that it left a browser cookie that made Absolute give them credit instead of your affiliate.

-Mike

Edit: fixed omitted word.

Emperor
05-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Cancel Account. Wait. Signup under new affiliate. Until Poker rooms give High volume players the money they deserve directly, this is the only solution.

spkid
05-12-2005, 11:33 PM
I went there throught the affiliate website. All this computer stuff confuses the hell out of me.

rusty JEDI
05-12-2005, 11:45 PM
If you were using firefox instead of IE it messes up some tracking with some sites.

rJ

grimel
05-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Read through anyone of a dozen thread on Absolute, their tech support is as incompetent as Party's customer non-service.

Uninstall AP, clear your cookies, history, temp files, USE INTERNET EXPLORER (can't believe I just typed that), and open a NEW account (must use a new email address - tech doesn't know this) through your affilate of choice. Use the new account bonus code and neteller. That should get you rakeback and $550 (if you deposit $1k) in bonus to start.

TheHammer24
05-13-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Read through anyone of a dozen thread on Absolute, their tech support is as incompetent as Party's customer non-service.

Uninstall AP, clear your cookies, history, temp files, USE INTERNET EXPLORER (can't believe I just typed that), and open a NEW account (must use a new email address - tech doesn't know this) through your affilate of choice. Use the new account bonus code and neteller. That should get you rakeback and $550 (if you deposit $1k) in bonus to start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opening another account could lead to unwanted results. I wouldn't suggest this.

grimel
05-13-2005, 02:08 AM
Contact CS - THEY will tell you to open the second account. Read the many AP posts it's happened to at least 2 people (I being 1).

Shoe
05-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Did you clear your cookies and temp internet files before signing up with an affiliate?

sorry man, that sucks but atleast you didn't play for an entire month before finding out.

Synergistic Explosions
05-13-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you were using firefox instead of IE it messes up some tracking with some sites.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost two comps because I used firefox without knowing it caused problems. It really sucks when you lose something you expected to get.

spkid
05-13-2005, 06:50 PM
I clear my cookies, temporary internet files and history about twice a week. I also run "Spybot S&D" and "Norton Virus Scan about twice a week. Can someone explain this whole cookie thing to me as I am a computer retard.

By the way, thank for all the responses. There are a lot of good people on this site.

Shoe
05-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Cookies are basically really small files on your computer, that sites can use to store a small amount of information about you, such as saving preference settings for the next time you visit the site, or tracking other small amounts of information about you.

The main thing cookies are used for when it comes to gaming sites, is storing which affiliate you were referred by. If you have ever clicked on another banner for that site, they will create a cookie on your computer saying that the affiliate of whoever's banner you clicked on referred you.

If you click on banner X (but don't sign up), and then come back to the site a few weeks later and try to sign up under affiliate Y, it won't work because the site is going to give credit to the affiliate that got you their first. If you delete your cookies, they have no record of when you clicked on X's banner, and you will be able to sign up with your new deal under Y.

I hope I explained that clearly enough so that it makes sense.

spkid
05-13-2005, 07:09 PM
OK, I think I got it now. I really never remember going to any affiliate's web sites other than the one I tried to use, but maybe I did... Anyway, AP says that that's what happened and that the 1st affiliate is getting my rakeback. I guess that affiliate feels it's better to take all of it instead of contact me and give me my share. But in the long run it's a bad move since I'll be closing my account tomorrow. Maybe I'll try to reopen it later under a different affiliate and maybe not. I'm not real excited about the software at AP.

Thanks again.

JRussell
05-14-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, I think I got it now. I really never remember going to any affiliate's web sites other than the one I tried to use, but maybe I did... Anyway, AP says that that's what happened and that the 1st affiliate is getting my rakeback. I guess that affiliate feels it's better to take all of it instead of contact me and give me my share. But in the long run it's a bad move since I'll be closing my account tomorrow. Maybe I'll try to reopen it later under a different affiliate and maybe not. I'm not real excited about the software at AP.

Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably because you went directly to Absolute's website first, before you found the affiliate and used their link. Absolute probably sets a cookie telling them you visited their site directly without using an affiliate.

The affiliate who is getting credit for you has no way to contact you and offer you rake back. They get your username and no other info (like an email address).

spkid
05-14-2005, 01:53 PM
OK, today I'm going to give Interpoker a shot. I know which affiliate I am going to use. I did download Interpoker in order to check out the details of the site. Afterwards I deleted the Interpoker program, deleted my cookies, temporary internet files, and history. Is there anything else I need to do before I go to the affiliate website to sign up at Interpoker through the affiliate website?

Thanks to any replies and for all the help!!

Rudbaeck
05-14-2005, 05:10 PM
You might very well need to format your hard drive and reinstall windows if you were dumb enough to actually install the program! (If they are clever they left marks in the registry that are still there after the uninstall. Finding those is damn near impossible.)

Though if it doesn't work there are other Crypto skins where rakeback is provided.

morgant
05-14-2005, 06:42 PM
ask your affiliate isnt that what you are paying him to do?