PDA

View Full Version : push KJs from SB here? 5 left shortstack

Eihli
05-12-2005, 09:15 PM
party 30+3 blinds 50/100, i have 550 after posting SB. button and BB have about 1.3k each everyone else has 1k+ I'm shortstack. button limps, I push.

Nick M
05-12-2005, 09:19 PM
looks good to me. Either that or stop and go but with 2 people besides you seeing the flop Stop n GO loses value.

Eihli
05-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Stop and go is used when you don't have fold equity preflop. Why would I have more fold equity postflop than preflop here? My preflop fold equity looks pretty just as good, if not better, than my postflop fold equity against 2 opponents.

citanul
05-12-2005, 09:26 PM
the stop and go would, in my opinion, be terrible here. i almost want to say that i prefer a plan which includes "limp, and push only when i hit the flop" more than i like stop and going in this spot.

as for the push, it looks quite good. i would push here unless (some combination of, probably) a) i think i'd have a real easy time stealing a set of blinds very soon b) the blinds are not going up in the next couple of hands c) i have noted history with button not limping in lp unless it's a trap.

citanul

Nick M
05-12-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My preflop fold equity looks pretty just as good, if not better, than my postflop fold equity against 2 opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I said it loses value against 2 people. Soooo it looks good to me...move in.

Meatmaw
05-12-2005, 09:47 PM
I would consider folding here, too, if I felt my image was stealy, figuring button might limp in on an expected push from me and easily call.

But then maybe that's playing too weak to not consider calling and pushing for it on the flop if it hits.

Benfica
05-12-2005, 09:55 PM
PUSH, PUSH, PUSH, baby!