PDA

View Full Version : ATo from the BB

CaptainCrunch
05-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Table reads, both UTG are 75% VPIP, but only about 25 hands at the table at this point. MP1 is also pretty loose PF, but borderline timid from what little I had seen.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Bet this turn? Try to take charge of the table at this point? Or would the flop have been a better point? I'm guessing yes, bet the flop, call a raise, see what the turn brings. Fold to a raise there?

River: (10.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Obviously I was confidant that my 2P would carry the day, betting out on the river.

Could I have played this better?

thesharpie
05-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Fold preflop. I'd lead the flop and see how they react.

gvibes
05-12-2005, 07:58 PM
I fold this preflop as well.

I may c/r the flop (at least force someone to call 2). If I didn't do that, I'd probably lead the turn (after the safe card).

River is fine.

thesharpie
05-12-2005, 08:20 PM
I like this as we can probably get away from it on the turn UI if he 3 bets, as long as he's not crazy.

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking he hit his aces instead of tens, he won't be able to fold the turn UI if villain 3 bets so I don't really like the check raise.

Siegmund
05-12-2005, 09:04 PM
I would like almost any flop or turn play better than the one you took. On your line, you know exactly as much about villain on the end as you do preflop. And IF you are ahead, you've missed out on a lot of money here. You are ahead of overcards and have 5 outs to villain's pocket pairs.

Choose between leading or checkraising the flop. I prefer leading, more likely to fold out the drawing hands if they know right away that it may cost them 2 or 3 bets to see another card.

If villain raises my flop bet I think I may even 3-bet the flop, lead the turn if I get called but check-call the turn if I get capped. It's half a bet cheaper than a stop-and-go and the check-call just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

You're welcome to disagree about 3-betting providing useful information but I really don't see how you can not be agressive on this flop.

@bsolute_luck
05-12-2005, 09:16 PM
i'm still wondering about the preflop call....

i don't like the c/r, because if he comes back over top of us, that is an expensive pair for sure. and it still offers no protection and i don't see it of too much value. typically you lead out again on the turn and he might very well hit us again there.

i'd probably bet out and see what happens. if he reraises then, reevaluate.

zuluking
05-12-2005, 09:27 PM
What is the preflop raiser's pfr%? If he's something like 75/30+, I'd say the pre-flop call is okay.

SoftcoreRevolt
05-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Preflop is sorta meh. I'd probably fold. You need to lead the flop.

cnfuzzd
05-12-2005, 10:05 PM
preflop is entirely dependent on the raisers pfr%.

Checkraise the turn. If three bet, fold the river unimproved, unless you feel that your ace outs arent all good, and you arent getting odds to call his turn 3bet. I think that very unlikely.

peace

john nickle

Duerig
05-12-2005, 10:07 PM
I tend to fold this preflop. Since you didn't, I would bet or check raise the flop. Probably bet. The rest of the hand will play differently.