PDA

View Full Version : 77 four handed, River bet and table talk

drexah
05-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Thoughts? Thinking back and realizing i had already been caught bluffing twice before, and calling a big bet on the river with JK on a JAQxx board, i think this play wasn't right. Just wanted to see everyones thoughts about the hand itself and the table talk (do you think i should report it/say something?, it wasn't the first time he talked duringa hand) Also, is the river bet TOO much?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($31.58)
MP ($128.35)
CO ($83.88)
Hero ($49.25)
SB ($59.08)
BB ($37.5)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $3, SB (poster) calls $2.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $2.50.

Flop: ($13) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $3</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $3, SB folds.

Turn: ($19) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, MP calls $7.

River: ($39) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>.

Final Pot: $59

swolfe
05-12-2005, 06:42 PM
too much?! it's only half the pot

every bet except CO's preflop raise was a huge underbet

PoBoy321
05-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Wait, what was the table talk?

pyedog
05-12-2005, 06:53 PM
The table talk doesn't show up in the hand summary. You also didn't give us a read on the villain and what type of hand you put him on.

His flop and turn bets were both very weak so I think your idea to raise him to take the pot away was a good one. On the turn maybe raise slightly more to $12 to try to get him to fold. When he calls your raise it looks to me like he has top pair or an overpair, or maybe just the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. If he does have a flush draw that is another reason to raise more on the turn. Then again he did make a bet on the flop which looks to me more like he has top pair with a J instead of only three to a flush draw.

On the river either he has high cards and a busted flush draw (unlikely here I think), in which case he won't call any size bet, or else he has a J or an overpair, in which case he will probably call your half pot size bet. So if you are going to bet the river it has to be as a bluff, not as a value bet, since no worse hand can call you. So you could either bet close to the full pot on an all-in bet. Personally I would just check here thinking that I took a shot at the pot on the turn and he called it. I would expect to lose to a J.

The_Bends
05-12-2005, 07:02 PM
I'd raise the flop, your hand isn't exactly great and isn't going to improve, may as well see if he likes his hand.

Having called te flop I like the raise when the flush comes.

However the river seems to be a clear check to me, no hand you beat calls this unless the opponent is a moron. I spose you might get him to fold a J but that doesn't seem worth it with so many nahds that will call and beat you.

drexah
05-12-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, what was the table talk?

[/ QUOTE ]

err, sorry.

Dealt to dexah [ ]
JQAcesrolled: no just betting that u didnt have it
XLEVELX: nice play
CALL Trazzel, $0.5
CALL XLEVELX, $0.5
RAISE JQAcesrolled, $3
CALL dexah , $3
CALL tonyam03, $2.75
FOLD bruletrout
FOLD Trazzel
JQAcesrolled: come get these
CALL XLEVELX, $2.5

Flop:
[ ]
CHECK tonyam03
BET XLEVELX, $3
FOLD JQAcesrolled
CALL dexah , $3
FOLD tonyam03

Turn:
[ ]
BET XLEVELX, $3
JQAcesrolled: thats it draw to a flush with the board paired
RAISE dexah , $10
XLEVELX: it always hits for them
CALL XLEVELX, $7

River:
[ ]
CHECK XLEVELX
BET dexah , $20
XLEVELX: another bluff?
JQAcesrolled: yes

drexah
05-12-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The table talk doesn't show up in the hand summary. You also didn't give us a read on the villain and what type of hand you put him on.

His flop and turn bets were both very weak so I think your idea to raise him to take the pot away was a good one. On the turn maybe raise slightly more to $12 to try to get him to fold. When he calls your raise it looks to me like he has top pair or an overpair, or maybe just the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. If he does have a flush draw that is another reason to raise more on the turn. Then again he did make a bet on the flop which looks to me more like he has top pair with a J instead of only three to a flush draw.

On the river either he has high cards and a busted flush draw (unlikely here I think), in which case he won't call any size bet, or else he has a J or an overpair, in which case he will probably call your half pot size bet. So if you are going to bet the river it has to be as a bluff, not as a value bet, since no worse hand can call you. So you could either bet close to the full pot on an all-in bet. Personally I would just check here thinking that I took a shot at the pot on the turn and he called it. I would expect to lose to a J.

[/ QUOTE ]

right on. thanks for the insight