PDA

View Full Version : Cross country trip... anywhere else I should stop?

DanS
05-12-2005, 06:08 PM
This is my planned cross country trip before I go to Vegas in June, with a vague itinerary:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v337/dms79/?action=view&current=Junetrip.jpg

Thurs: Get into Syracuse, drive to Rochester, see Red Wings AAA baseball game.

Fri: Lunch in Cleveland, dinner/ChiSox game/sleep in Chicago

Sat: Drive past Field of Dreams (need to alter map), sleep in S.D.

Sun: Rushmore/Badlands.

Mon/Tues: Yosemite

Weds: Grand Tetons

Thurs: Craters of the Moon

Fri: Fly from Twin Falls, ID for a week in Vegas

Too late to go southwest like I wanted to... it's my friend's trip, I'm tagging along. Any places I need to see near that route? Wry wit and/or outright insults appreciated.

Dan

HDPM
05-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Well then you must see the fabulous sign in Arco ID talking about the first nuke power or whatever the sign says. Craters of the moon is sort of cool, but not as interesting as tetons.

Strange to drive all that way and fly from Twin. Why? And you will have to change planes anyway in SLC. Why not just drive another 8 hours? (actually a little less) Or is friend stopping in Twin?

Anyway, PM me and I can hook you up for lunch in Twin and help you avoid the Wok 'n Grill. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DanS
05-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks HDPM. I wish I could make the damn link work so people would bother checking it out.

The story, in a nutshell, is that my friend is driving back from Syracuse (grad school) to Oakland, and asked if I wanted to come. He nixed the idea of a a southwest passage, citing heat and "nothing to do besides the Grand Canyon." I had already made Vegas plans for the next weekend, so it works out best this way.

Between this flight (TWF-SLC-LAS) and my flight this summer (OAK-DEN-RAPid City, SD), I'm gonna do more puddle jumping than I've ever done before. I love how the flight from SLC to LAS is about 25 minutes long.

If you're somewhere on my journey through ID, PM me and I'll get lunch... some place non-smoking. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Dan

HDPM
05-12-2005, 06:23 PM
All restaurants in Idaho are non smoking now. Some bars can still have smoking. Even in Idaho the health police are taking away property rights. Anyway, I will PM you.

IggyWH
05-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Stop for lunch in Pittsburgh and I'll buy you a beer...

banditbdl
05-12-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in God's name would you go to a White Sox game? (see avatar for my true feelings on them) Comiskey sucks and those fans are the worst, ugh. Shouldn't be too hard to find something better to do in Chi-Town.

DanS
05-12-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stop for lunch in Pittsburgh and I'll buy you a beer...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheeit, I'm already meeting Hof and JP for lunch in Cleveland... can you make it out there?

Dan

IggyWH
05-12-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't be too hard to find something better to do in Chi-Town.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didka's...

DanS
05-12-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in God's name would you go to a White Sox game? (see avatar for my true feelings on them) Comiskey sucks and those fans are the worst, ugh. Shouldn't be too hard to find something better to do in Chi-Town.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I like baseball and the Cubs are out of town??? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm going to dinner at a Tapas place called Salpicon unless you tell me about a cooler place.

Dan

DanS
05-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Functional link:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v337/dms79/Junetrip.jpg

lucas9000
05-12-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is my planned cross country trip before I go to Vegas in June, with a vague itinerary:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v337/dms79/?action=view&current=Junetrip.jpg

Thurs: Get into Syracuse, drive to Rochester, see Red Wings AAA baseball game.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i've only read this far already, but i can tell you one thing you MUST do: go to nick tahou's and get a garbage plate while you're in rochester. this is non-negotiable.

OrangeHeat
05-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Im close to rochester - what is a garbage plate, where do i get it, and why is it a must?

Orange