PDA

View Full Version : Dave Chappell missing?

bolgenmod
05-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Just heard a report on NPR's All Things Considered that Dave Chappell seems to be missing. They were very careful not to speculate about what was going on beyond the fact that his new season which was put on hiatus in February (and supposed to debut first in March, then May 31) is now not scheduled. They said that people at Comedy Central and his publicist do not know where he is. And that he seems to be reacting to the pressure of his success, ie, is suffering from some emotional problems. (One rumor was that he is in a mental institution in South Africa -- sounds absurd, I know!)

Anyway, I thought all the Chappelle fans out here should know -- I hadn't heard a thing about this until this afternoon.

Smackdab
05-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Heard he was missing last week. Word on the street was he was last seen disoriented in front of an ATM. Couldn't figure out how it worked. Was helped by a passerby. Wads of cash spat out and he stumbled off w/o his card.

"Officially"...not getting along with producers of his show.

ApolloQuiet
05-12-2005, 06:33 PM
I can't possibly imagine having the pressure of getting paid $50 million to put together a few comedy shows on TV. Talk about sleepless nights.

BottlesOf
05-12-2005, 06:55 PM
he checked himself into a mental health facility in south africa. it was in today's new york post, and is on several news websites.

FrankLu99
05-12-2005, 11:08 PM
the mental facility is actually a front for a crackhouse. there is nothing a smoking some crack wont fix.

Gramps
05-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Tyrone Biggums karma coming back to bite in the arse...

...drugs are bad.

Trainwreck
05-16-2005, 02:53 PM
I saw a much more believable explanation last night with an interview with a friend of his, he simply took a break and felt his RUSHED material is not up to his funny standards, and he is heading back to the US shortly.

Will the show continue? They think so.... it's too popular and both sides should want to keep it going, I hope CC just reruns the 1st season whilst season 3 is being cooked, and just start it off in the fall.

More media exaggerations/lies...

>TW<

MicroBob
05-16-2005, 11:45 PM
CNN (and I believe the AP also) reported that he was in the institution in south africa. so this is a rumor that is definitely getting around.

BWebb
05-17-2005, 01:17 AM
I posted this in OOT. He did an interview:

Link to a link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2406775&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2 406775&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=13938&datera nge=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=& bodyprev=#Post2406775)

bolgenmod
05-18-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I posted this in OOT. He did an interview:

Link to a link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2406775&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2 406775&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=13938&datera nge=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=& bodyprev=#Post2406775)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I did see a short update on this in yesterday's NYT.

And I guess I should have posted this originally in OOT, but I never really got the difference between this forum and that -- lots of Other Other Topics in here, I guess...

PokerProdigy
05-18-2005, 09:25 AM
I heard they're just gonna do a "spin off" instead, it's called the Charlie Murphy show.

JoshuaD
05-18-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard they're just gonna do a "spin off" instead, it's called the Charlie Murphy show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't picture him as the star, he's too good as a backup character.