PDA

View Full Version : concert review

09-04-2001, 04:26 PM
saw The Reverend Horton Heet and Nashville Pussy (NP) over the weekend. pretty good concert all around. If you like good old american rock'n'roll then I highly recommend seeing NP live if you get the chance. yes, there still are some rock'n'roll bands out there. Appearently their record label tries to market them as punk or heavy metal which they are most definitely not. They put on a really good show. the reviews of NP cd's on Amazon are mediocre and it doesn't surprise me as this band is probably much better live than recorded.

As usual, the Rev rocked the house.

A good time was had by all.

09-05-2001, 12:52 AM
The Rev seems to put on the longest fucking sets. Last time I saw him was at the Glasshouse and he took a 30minute break in the middle of the set!!! All that was going on was a prerecorded tape of car noises during that time. How boring does it get??? I'd rather go to see NoFX anyday.

09-05-2001, 01:33 AM
Sounds like a goodie to me. Remember seeing the Rev when they toured supporting the first (Sub Pop) LP. One of my favorite shows ever. I don't think any of their later recordings matched that first one. Never seen NP but my friends rave about them. Did you know one of the ladies is the sister of Cherokee Parks of the NBA?

Few things beat good rock and roll.

KJS

09-05-2001, 06:30 PM
this one woman I was flirting with was a real expert on Nashville Pussy. I guess the original bass player was C. Parks sister. for whatever reason she is not with the band anymore. the new bass player is a show girl. plays good bass also. the lead guitar player gets my vote for sexiest woman in rock'n'roll.