PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll Requirements and Tabel Selection

12-07-2001, 08:13 PM
1)What bankroll do you need to be comfortable in playing 4-8 holdem or 4-8 omaha hi low or only omaha hi. I need a bankroll that will be completely adequate and that has an extremely small chance of me going broke if i am a skillfull enough player.

2) Which table or players you would like on your table. eg. Passive, loose, tight, raise preflop...

Thankyou very much

12-07-2001, 08:52 PM
5,000 and loose passive

12-08-2001, 04:23 PM
(1) Bankrolls are for pros who have no other source of income. If you have a job, your "bankroll" is what you can afford to play with. If you lose it, you quit playing until you save up another one.

If you're really a beginner (this is a beginner's forum) then no bankroll is ever theoretically big enough to keep you from going broke. These calculations are meaningful only when you are good enough to consistently beat the games you are playing in.

(2) Loose-passive players are the easiest to beat, though not necessarily the most profitable. Sometime a loose-aggressive table is more profitable, but it's also a lot harder on your bankroll when you're not winning.

TRLS