PDA

View Full Version : Annoying incident at Absolute - but great customer support fixes it

Arnfinn Madsen
05-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Hi,
I was multitabling at Absolute. Suddenly my cash at all table disappears. I have pair of 9s and flop a set with no cash to bet. Kind of annoying /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I try to log-in again but it is blocked. Then I check my e-mail and find this:

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Arnfinn,

Thank you for choosing Absolute Poker; it is a pleasure to be of your assistance.

This message is to inform you that our security system shoots down your Absolute Poker account(s) because it detected an abnormal deposit pattern, and to solve this issue we are kindly asking you to certify your Absolute Poker account by sending the following documents:

A clear photocopy of the front side of your Driver’s license.
Clear photocopies of the front and back of the following credit card: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fill our Agreement Form - attached to this message – with the information from your xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

For security reasons, we are kindly asking you to remove your Social Security Number from your Driver License and also the CV2 Code Number from the copy of the back face from your credit card. We don't need such sensitive information; we only need to confirm your personal and financial information to certify your Absolute Poker account.

These documents should be send to our toll free fax (1-800-380-5370) or as a scan image to our email address (grant@absolutepoker.com).

We’re very sorry for the drastic measures that we’ve been forced to take. Our policy is to freeze any Absolute Poker accounts / credit cards when we notice any abnormal pattern. You will be unable to enter in your Absolute Poker account or to create a new account at Absolute Poker, not until we resolve this issue.

IMPORTANT: Due to the inconvenience, we will credit your Absolute Poker real money account with a $15.00 bonus – free of restrictions – once we successfully receive the documents stated above these lines.

We do value you as a player at Absolute Poker and hope to see a resolution for this situation as soon as possible. Please contact me and resolve the issue so that we may move forward.

Sincerely,

A.J. Grant

Security & Control Department

Email: Grant@absolutepoker.com

Phone: 1-866-788-3005 - Ext. 2026

"Continuing to be the best and most trusted"

[/ QUOTE ]

I called them and they gave a thorough explanation. I had deposited 500 dollars, then won 100 dollars, then deposited 500 dollars two days later (I am playing only 1/2 /images/graemlins/grin.gif), so since I am a foreigner they wanted to check if everything was correct (fair enough). As stated in the mail he said that I would receive 15 dollars as compensation. I explained to him that I had flopped a hidden set and that with 4 people in the hand I would win more than 15 dollars. He then gave me 25 dollars extra.

2+2 wannabe
05-13-2005, 12:10 AM
sounds like absolute cares! sweet....

TheHammer24
05-13-2005, 01:13 AM
At least they don't make you send SS or CV2. But still, these Id requirements are getting really annoying. Locking account without warning for a few days tieing up potentially thousands of your dollars by a Costa Rican company. I mean, nothing has turned out that bad, and the 25 dollar bonus was very nice. Overall AP is great though.