PDA

View Full Version : e3

jgorham
05-12-2005, 05:06 PM
I've seen your pictures, you are all a bunch of nerds. So felt like I should ask: Anyone planning on going to this years e3? Its the 18th-20th at the LA convention center, I am planning on hitting it up the first two days for sure, and day 3 if there are a lot of games I still want to see. If any of you attend, drop me a PM to meet up if you want.

Schneids
05-12-2005, 05:12 PM
I will be there. Dunno how much I'll be though. Definitely not the last day, trust me you don't need to be there the last day all the developers are like starting to pack [censored] up and everything just gets really lame.

I'm out of the loop so maybe they changed their policy since I was in-the-know a few years ago, but I thought E3 was a private event and you couldn't attend unless you were part of the media and you had to get passes well in advance of the event.

jgorham
05-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Well, it is at least supposed to be for industry + media only, but it isn't that hard to pull one over on them. And you can register at the door, you just need to make sure you have everything they require or they will turn you away.

Phoenix1010
05-12-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're my new hero.

Eihli
05-12-2005, 07:13 PM
What do they require?

jgorham
05-12-2005, 07:20 PM
It's all on the website, and it is different based upon what type of press you are/how you are involved in the industry.

Link for media requirments (http://www.e3expo.com/media/media_faq.asp)

DBowling
05-12-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, it is at least supposed to be for industry + media only, but it isn't that hard to pull one over on them. And you can register at the door, you just need to make sure you have everything they require or they will turn you away.

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain in further detail, and ill buy you a beer when i meet you there.

jgorham
05-12-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To qualify as online media, provide:

A. A copy of your driver's license or government issued photo identification clearly showing your name and date of birth (no one under 18 will be admitted), AND
B. A copy of your business card with name, editorial title and media outlet's logo, AND
C. A PRINTED copy of your online publication with your name and title appearing in an editorial capacity, including a bylined interactive entertainment industry-related article from your publication written by you and published within the last six months (the copy must clearly show the name of the publication and your byline), AND
D. A copy of the Web site's business license or government issued documentation showing the business's federal tax identification number.
E. Please note: The name on your business card and your photo identification must match to be accepted.

[/ QUOTE ]

For anyone in the media, these things are easy enough to get. For anyone not in the media, well, they really aren't that thorough...

Eihli
05-13-2005, 05:25 PM
If you have to be a member of media/industry to get in, what is the attendee registration for?

stabn
05-13-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have to be a member of media/industry to get in, what is the attendee registration for?

[/ QUOTE ]

members of the media/industry.