PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of table image...

damaniac
05-12-2005, 04:52 PM
One of the responses to my earlier post about overcards got me thinking about table image. A few nights ago I had an interesting set of 6 hands or so, where I played/raised and was involved in each one. I played the first couple weakly (perhaps correctly?), but then I felt as though I was being runover. Although I don't know if this was true or not, that perception left me feeling a little lost. Here are the hands, and aside from comments on them, do you see anywhere where my image as developed by the previous hands may have had an effect on later ones?

Hand 1:
Uninteresting, I raise UTG+1 (we're like 7 handed or so) and everyone folds. So far, so good.

Hand 2: My villain is fairly unknown (I just sat down last orbit I think). I think being 7-handed maybe I should raise this pf?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

After the turn raise and river card and bet, I didn't think there was anything I was ahead of and folded. Right or wrong individually, this left me feeling like I looked weak, which led to Hand 3...

Same villain as before, which is why I'm interested. Normally I don't see much I am ahead of against a fairly reasonable player (maybe the semi-bluff a flush draw), but the pot is also very small and I don't have odds to draw to my 4-outer if behind. Then again, I folded to him last time, which is why I felt like folding here was just asking for more trouble.

arty Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

Hand 4: Not terribly interesting, I have 55 in the sb, a couple of limpers, a raise, my old friend the button cc's, I call, flop is something like K99, check around, blank on the turn, I check there's a bet and a call and I bow out. Sometimes I bet here, not this time, probably wise in general, maybe just feeling weak.

Hand 5: My foe this time is in the hijack, kind of loose (he was in some of these other hands). Standard fold?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Last hand in this sequence, I try to reassert some control with 99. My flop raise was for a free card for my 4-outer (plus my set outs, which realistically probably need to be followed up by the board pairing to do me any good, but sometimes I might get a free look at the river if someone with a T waits to c/r). Dunno how great that was.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: (9.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Anything interesting here?

ckessel
05-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Too many hands at once to review...

QT looks ok, maybe a crying call. He could be raising with a weaker Q.

That 25s that hit 2pair on a monotone flop, you lay down on a turn check-raise. Yea, he might have the flush, but more likely he waited for a blank on the turn to push.

The 77 hand look standard.

99 is way to aggressive. 3 players are telling you the pot is worth something to them. You're beat, fold.

meep_42
05-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Folding 99 is wrong, there was a gutshot there.

If he thought there was a good chance of a free card, I don't think it's horrid.

-d

ckessel
05-12-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Folding 99 is wrong, there was a gutshot there.

If he thought there was a good chance of a free card, I don't think it's horrid.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I missed the gutshot. Raising for a free card makes sense.

Not betting when he makes the straight though doesn't make any sense.

molawn2mo
05-12-2005, 08:59 PM
I suspect the "table image" comment(in your earlier post)may have been mine. That said... in the hands that you present, folding to the check raise in the 5-2 hand seems weak to me. Villain has a couple of different semi-bluffs to use here and you do have opportunities to improve.

Other than that I like all others.

I am beginning a thread on this subject so as not to hijack yours.

Nice hands.