PDA

View Full Version : RIP

tbach24
05-12-2005, 04:51 PM
...my popcorn and some chocolate chips.

So I'm feeling adventurous and decide to put some chocolate chips (1st favorite food right now) in with my popcorn (2nd favorite food right now). It was vile. Please don't do this.

kerssens
05-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Put Reeses Pieces and M&M's in there.

tbach24
05-12-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Put Reeses Pieces and M&M's in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the desired effect. To simulate that taste. It didn't work. We have like 200 bags of chocolate chips and none of M&M's or Reeses Pieces.

FWIW, RP > M&M

samjjones
05-12-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, RP > M&M

[/ QUOTE ]
Peanut M&M > RP

Stupendous_Man
05-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Agree... Meanut M&Ms > RP

What's your favorite "holiday" candy? For me, the Robin Eggs that Whopper puts out at Easter time!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

astroglide
05-12-2005, 05:23 PM
reese's easter eggs are the best version of the peanut butter cup (much better than pumpkin)

chaas4747
05-12-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
reese's easter eggs are the best version of the peanut butter cup (much better than pumpkin)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

YourFoxyGrandma
05-12-2005, 05:31 PM
If it makes you feel any better, it sounds like a pretty good idea.

Ulysses
05-12-2005, 05:32 PM
A friend of mine likes to dump a box of Raisinets into popcorn at the movies. I am not a big fan like she is, but it's kind of good.

nolanfan34
05-12-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think the correct order for some reason is:

easter egg > christmas tree > pumpkin > normal reeses PB cup.

tbach24
05-12-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it makes you feel any better, it sounds like a pretty good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there were 2 fundamental problems:

1. I left the popcorn in the bag and just shoved a handful in, as opposed to using a bowl.
2. The popcorn was still hot, so the chocolate chips melted.

I plan to try this again sometime with better preperation.

Dead
05-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Fascinating. Please keep us posted on the results of this great experiment.

tbach24
05-12-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fascinating. Please keep us posted on the results of this great experiment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan to experiment with popcorn and chocolate chips with other food items too. FWIW, the best snack ever is orange juice and chocolate chips.

Dead
05-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Orange juice should only be consumed at breakfast dude.

I can't argue with anything chocolate and I do agree that reese's pieces are great. I am a big fan of chocolate and peanut butter together.

In fact, that's what I had for breakfast this morning: six brownies with peanut butter in them.

B Dids
05-12-2005, 06:01 PM
You probably want to melt the chocolate first, maybe in a double boiler, and then toss it with the pop corn. If you just do it in the bag, you'll just get a bag with chocolate at the bottom.

tbach24
05-12-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I can't argue with anything chocolate and I do agree that reese's pieces are great. I am a big fan of chocolate and peanut butter together.

In fact, that's what I had for breakfast this morning: six brownies with peanut butter in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Orange juice is the greatest drink ever. It should be consumed with all meals. Everything else you said was true though.

tbach24
05-12-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You probably want to melt the chocolate first, maybe in a double boiler, and then toss it with the pop corn. If you just do it in the bag, you'll just get a bag with chocolate at the bottom.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to go for the effect of little pieces of chocolate attached to the popcorn. However what I go was sticky everywhere. Not fun. Had to wash my hands. Although washing my hands is fun. Yeah, so next time here are the preperations:

1. Microwave bag of pocorn
2. Wait 30 minutes
3. Put popcorn in bowl
4. Dumb chocolate chips in bowl
5. Mix
6. Consume

DanS
05-12-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Orange juice is the greatest drink ever. It should be consumed with all meals. Everything else you said was true though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. The best meal EVER is Hawaiian Punch and nachos (preferably microwaved). You're welcome.

Dan

tbach24
05-12-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. The best meal EVER is Hawaiian Punch and nachos (preferably microwaved). You're welcome.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

This SNACK is pretty good. I've had it on a plethora of occasions. I'm a pretty big eater.

Stupendous_Man
05-12-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure it's the greatest, but it is good. Can NOT be from concentrate and I prefer pulp. Simply Orange is good.