PDA

View Full Version : another 7.50/15 hand from 2+2 home game

fryKing
05-12-2005, 04:12 PM
I need to stop sucking at poker, and I hear posting hands can behelpful.

Live 7.50/15 pink game, full of 2+2ers. Non 2+2er open raises UTG, he seems not so good, but he is good at not allowing me to donk by constantly raising my limps. Max Power 3-bets, I cold-donk in the BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif and say something stupid like "I'm going to suckout on you now."

3 to the flop, which comes J 3 3 rainbow, no hearts. What's your line?

TheHip41
05-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Go back in time and fold preflop? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I dont really like betting into two PRF with TP here. I'd check, if it's checked to MP, I would think about c/r to see what develops. If I check, and it's bet and raised back to me, I'm gone.

Luv2DriveTT
05-12-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check, if it's checked to MP, I would think about c/r to see what develops. If I check, and it's bet and raised back to me, I'm gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you gone? Do you really think anyone connected on this board, with the exception of a possible J?

The correct action would be check - DO SOMETHING (just don't fold). Make the decision based on the action that precedes you.

PS to Fryking: don't ever admit you called 2 with J9 again. Think about it, you wagered $22.50 with J9s. That just sucks. Unless of course your goal is to become good at sucking, then feel free to call every 3 bet with crap.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

fryKing
05-14-2005, 06:42 PM
like you never donked in this game out of the blinds?

Now of course I forgot how the hand went, I believe it went check, check, MaxPower bets, I check-raise, EP folds, Max 3-bets, I call down like a fish. Actually exactly like BDK's "bad postflop players" post.

A better line I think is call a 3-bet fold the turn, or just do the check-call check-call bet, which I like best.

Luv2DriveTT
05-15-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
like you never donked in this game out of the blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually... I've never done that, what looks like donking is usually carefully placed calls. I'd call a raise in many situations, but not a 3-bet with J9s.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif