PDA

View Full Version : pokerprophecy spam put to good use

KJ o
05-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Whenever pokerprophecy spams a table I'm playing at with their "Is the player on your left a fish", I have started asking "what is a fish?".

The replys are usually good for a laugh, and I firmly believe being painted as a fish is generally a Good Thing(TM).

GeorgiaPoker
05-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Did you copywrite that idea or can I use it also? That is funny.

KJ o
05-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Everyone is encouraged to use it. Then we all will know who is a 2+2er! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Apathy
05-12-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whenever pokerprophecy spams a table I'm playing at with their "Is the player on your left a fish", I have started asking "what is a fish?".

The replys are usually good for a laugh, and I firmly believe being painted as a fish is generally a Good Thing(TM).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is the image you should trying to project in NLHE SNGs... but it is funny.

Amything
05-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Good one /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Is pokerprophecy owned by Party or they just allow the spam for some reason?

Nottom
05-12-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't really allow it, they just can't do anything to stop it apparently. If you haven't noticed, its always from a different account so party can't just ban the chat or anything.

J-Lo
05-12-2005, 06:08 PM
they can ban obs chat

treeofwisdom7
05-12-2005, 06:08 PM
where do i get pokerprophecy?

Nottom
05-12-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they can ban obs chat

[/ QUOTE ]

They could, but they won't.

Maybe they could make it where you can't chat unless you have money in your account.

Nottom
05-12-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
where do i get pokerprophecy?

[/ QUOTE ]

take a guess what the website is.

beeyjay
05-12-2005, 06:56 PM
i agree. i would much rather have people think i was good and respect my raises.

Bluff Daddy
05-12-2005, 06:59 PM
If someone is going to make something out of him asking what is a fish and change their play based on that then it prob. wont matter anyways whether they think he his one or not

KJ o
05-13-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is the image you should trying to project in NLHE SNGs... but it is funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure. I play the Party $10, and I find that it's better to be paid off when I have the goods than to be able to steal some blinds early. In the late game, when it's push or fold anyway, my experience is that being considered a fish really doesn't matter.

If I played the $200, I would definitely want to be considered a shark!

shejk
05-13-2005, 06:04 AM
Early on I want my cbs to get credit, and later on I want my pushes to get credit. So, the bad players should consider me a good player, and the good players should consider me a bad player.

rickr
05-13-2005, 07:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Early on I want my cbs to get credit, and later on I want my pushes to get credit. So, the bad players should consider me a good player, and the good players should consider me a bad player.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem here is bad players don't pay enough attention to know, and good players always assume that your bad anyway. After the last few weeks I'm really starting to think that table image just doesn't matter. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Later,
Rick

david050173
05-13-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't really allow it, they just can't do anything to stop it apparently. If you haven't noticed, its always from a different account so party can't just ban the chat or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can filter key words (try gus hansen). They choose not to.

Sponger15SB
05-13-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe they could make it where you can't chat unless you have money in your account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Make it so you need 1 cent to chat and there would be no spam.