PDA

View Full Version : My plan to get better

HitHard69
05-12-2005, 03:11 PM
So after coming out slightly ahead on the NFL and NCAABB, I gave it all back and more on baseball. My plan is to post plays here, but not actually make them, and keep track of my record. If, by the All-Star break, I'm ahead, then I'll start making the plays for real. If not, I'll stick to the original plan.
Plays for today (5/12)

White Sox/Orioles Under 8.5
Cold and rainy in Chi-Town tonite, everyones gonna be slow on the basepath, and if it comes down too hard, they may call it early.

Giants +132
More of a bet against the Astros, although the Giants do have a better record. Stro's are coming off a 1-6 roadtrip and can't score runs to save thier lives. Plus Bagwell is on the DL. The only reason I can see for the Giants being dogs by this amount is that Pettite is on the hill.

Feel free to rip these plays to shreds or let me know if I'm on the right track

mrbaseball
05-12-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My plan is to post plays here

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually a very good idea. Especially if you continue to post at least a reason or two as to why you are choosing them. In years past I used to post games and analysis every single day and it helped a lot. When breaking down the reasons why in a public forum you open yourself up to a lot of scrutiny.

For me this made me even more careful and sure that I dotted all my i's and crossed all my t's. It really helped me pay very close attention to detail that is neccessary to become successful and it forced to look deeper and deeper into games so I had no surprises.

I can't argue with your selections today. I'm not on them but I'm not against them either. I lean your way on both but not with enough conviction to bet them.

Good luck with your plan!

GFunk911
05-13-2005, 07:46 AM
if a game gets called early, the over/under is a push.

HitHard69
05-13-2005, 11:24 AM
really? I thought since 5 innings is an official game, the o/u would still count. Thanks for the info

Chex
05-14-2005, 05:07 AM
Sports betting is a losing proposition. How about you guys play cards, and only cards?!