PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play Fight Night Round 2?

Willluck
05-12-2005, 02:09 PM
I am pretty sure I have mastered this game and am ready for an online bracket if there is one.

how's the online play?

wayabvpar
05-12-2005, 02:48 PM
I have the first one, but gave up on it because it didn't support XBL. How different is II? Is it worth picking up if I own the first one?

Grisgra
05-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Hey, I've been playing it, though certainly haven't mastered it yet.

Do you know how to unlock everything? Curious as to how to unlock the +5 speed/+5 power gloves. (Damn, I sound like a D&D geek.)

BreakEvenPlayer
05-12-2005, 04:29 PM
I would totally own you.

Willluck
05-12-2005, 04:37 PM
definately.

Willluck
05-12-2005, 04:38 PM
we should make it interesting with a bet.

Do you have Netteller?

Willluck
05-12-2005, 04:40 PM
You have to get the iron man trophy (I think thats what it's called...you have to get all of your stats to the max) in career mode. I think that's how, or you have to hold a belt in three different weight classes. Not sure which one.

Grisgra
05-16-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to get the iron man trophy (I think thats what it's called...you have to get all of your stats to the max) in career mode. I think that's how, or you have to hold a belt in three different weight classes. Not sure which one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither worked -- finally got the iron man trophy (that was a bitch!), no unlocking of the gloves. (or of the bolo punches -- unlockable signature punches.) I've had all 5 titles at once before -- each weight class plus the "unification" belts.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Only thing I haven't done is create a fighter that has *ALL* the belts at once -- amateur belt included. I guess that's the next step, after I wear this guy out. Playing on normal mode, got a light-heavyweight that's about 43 right now and is 54-0, 54 KOs. He's gettin' weaker, though. I'm wondering how old I can get him before I lose a fight, and how old I can get him before I just can't beat anybody.

Grisgra
05-16-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure I have mastered this game and am ready for an online bracket if there is one.

how's the online play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some questions (so I know what to aim for!)

-- How fast, normal difficulty, do you win most fights after you've taken the title?
-- What's your max total $$?
-- What's the oldest your fighter has gotten and still held a belt?
-- Is there any interesting announcing/commentary once you start defending your belt as a ~50 year old?

I have to say that while the announcing/cutman commentary and advice is interesting, it could be improved a shitload, and it's really one of the only things stopping this from being a *fantastic* game as to merely a very good/great game.