PDA

View Full Version : Help me out with my History paper guys

handsome
05-12-2005, 11:44 AM
EITHER:

1. Compare and contrast the presidencies and policies of FDR and Ronald Reagan. Which president had the more lasting impact upon modern American society?

OR

2. Compare and contrast the impact of WWII and the Vietnam War. Pick two of the following: the American economy, American foreign relations/foreign polcy, or the American social fabric. How were they similar? How were they different? Which was more significant for American society and why?

Which question is easier? and help me out with some of the major issues

fluxrad
05-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Definitely take the first.

For FDR you'll be talking about things like fireside chats, the new deal, public works projects, plus really good dirt on how he basically dragged us into WWII even though he ran on keeping us out. Whereas Reagan was incredibly lassaize faire when it came to the economy (more Hoover-esque).

Oh, I also forgot to mention. Reagan was a fan of supply-side economics (trickle down) where FDR's plan for economic recovery consisted of almost the exact opposite, IIRC. Reagan stressed smaller government, FDR basically wanted the government to hire everyone that wasn't working.

peachy
05-12-2005, 11:49 AM
i have a 10 page paper somewhere that i did on FDR for AVID!!

That guy
05-12-2005, 11:52 AM
#1 sounds easier...

with Reagans death, there should be plenty of stuff written on his historical significance.

edtost
05-12-2005, 12:03 PM
#2 should be cake....

That guy
05-12-2005, 12:15 PM
policies of FDR and Ronald Reagan

FDR: Basically instituted a welfare state to deal with Depression

REAGAN: Cut taxes and let capitalism run