PDA

View Full Version : Kid ODs on the Internet, "friends" egg him on

Freakin
05-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Story (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/story/56497p-52905c.html)

Freakin

Freakin
05-12-2005, 10:51 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pwarcham/capt.jpg

because someone was going to post it anyways....

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I told you I was hardcore.

[/ QUOTE ]

CieloAzor
05-12-2005, 12:18 PM
*rides in on Jesusaur*

Old as haaail, but appropriate.

*rides off*

contentless
05-12-2005, 12:33 PM
This is so old.

Jazza
05-12-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is so old.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but it has a new context

Aytumious
05-12-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised none of the kids here have told you to die.

ethan
05-12-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is so old.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was also posted in all of the shawn_p threads while they were happening.

So no, it doesn't.

Jazza
05-12-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is so old.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So no, it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

it wasn't in the last couple suicide threads i've read

Freakin
05-12-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is so old.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So no, it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read the threads during the incident, just the aftermath threads. I backtracked after I had posted this and realized it has been brought up. Regardless, the pile of poo serves it purpose.

Freakin

ethan
05-12-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I didn't read the threads during the incident, just the aftermath threads. I backtracked after I had posted this and realized it has been brought up. Regardless, the pile of poo serves it purpose.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough then. And yes it does.

Pocket Trips
05-12-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another example of evolution in action

Dead
05-12-2005, 01:31 PM
http://streetlights.tripod.com/queens/kitty-genovese-small.jpg

NoTalent
05-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Exactly

What a dumbass.

MoreWineII
05-12-2005, 05:33 PM
What's with all the suicide posts lately? This kid was Darwinized. It's sad, but if you're that stupid, well....

PoBoy456
05-12-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's with all the suicide posts lately? This kid was Darwinized. It's sad, but if you're that stupid, well....

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact of the matter is that if the kid really wanted to kill himself because of some girl, he definitely would have tried to contact her and leave her some kind of "I'm doing this because of you" message, not post about it on an internet message board.

Gamblor
05-12-2005, 05:42 PM
i'll lay good odds Dead was involved somehow.

purnell
05-12-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

So that's what that picture is all about. This is the dumbest "aha" moment I've ever had. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dead
05-12-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'll lay good odds Dead was involved somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Go back to beating women.

Phoenix1010
05-12-2005, 06:02 PM
I missed all this madness that went on, so I'm loathe to bring it all back up after the topic has already passed on. I don't care about this kid, or about the glorified assholes who made light of the situation for no other reason than their own amusement. I do however care about the outstandingly bad logic that has been used to defend some recent actions.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact of the matter is that if the kid really wanted to kill himself because of some girl, he definitely would have tried to contact her and leave her some kind of "I'm doing this because of you" message, not post about it on an internet message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no 'matter of fact' here, and you don't know anything that he would 'definitely' do. You have ideas of what he would do, and they are quite likely to be true, but they are not knowable facts. That you profess to be so sure of this person's behavior, based on nothing more than a few posts on an internet message board, is laughable. As laughable as some of the other arguments that have been brought up recently.

Someone brought up the idea that if there was any chance that he was being serious, he should have been ignored or taken seriously. This is a demonstrably valid argument. If your best defense is to say that you know for a fact that he wasn't serious, for whatever reason, then you have lost the argument.

Dead
05-12-2005, 06:03 PM
They are just trying to justify their disgusting behavior. They think just because the internet provides a degree of anonymity, that this entitles them to behave like bloodthirsty scumbags.

Phoenix1010
05-12-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are just trying to justify their disgusting behavior. They think just because the internet provides a degree of anonymity, that this entitles them to behave like bloodthirsty scumbags.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care. I don't care to have a moral discussion; it's clear that some of the people involved do not place very high emphasis on morals, or else have very different standards than my own. Attempting to change someone's mind on such things would be a waste of effort. But if you're going to try to defend your actions with 'facts' and arguments, someone should hold you accountable for spouting nonsense.