PDA

View Full Version : I Love Giving Money Away

HoldEm_Hero
05-12-2005, 10:11 AM
Please nicely rip this hand to shreds. I know I played it miserably.

$3/6 NL TheFishTank.com

Hero $660 One off button
BB $800
MP $400

MP raises to $18. Hero calls with 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB reraises to $55. MP and Hero call.

FLOP ($170ish)
7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks. MP checks. Hero CHECKS!!!! How awful is this?

TURN
Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets $100. MP calls. Hero??? Whats my action?

Will give details of hand after a few responses.

Thanks.

LuvDemNutz
05-12-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please nicely rip this hand to shreds. I know I played it miserably.

$3/6 NL TheFishTank.com

Hero $660 One off button
BB $800
MP $400

MP raises to $18. Hero calls with 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB reraises to $55. MP and Hero call.

FLOP ($170ish)
7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks. MP checks. Hero CHECKS!!!! How awful is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty Awful.

HoldEm_Hero
05-12-2005, 10:26 AM
How about a line you might have taken LDN?

LuvDemNutz
05-12-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any reads on Villains in this hand -

I think you have to bet the flop to determine if:

1) either of them could be on a diamond draw
2) if BB decided to slowplay top set

Checking the flop you have no idea where you are now.

Maybe BB has top-set - maybe he has AdKd and got cute on the flop, maybe he has KdKx, or maybe he has QQ.

MP could also have any of the above here (except AA).

Any reads?

thabadguy
05-12-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any reads on Villains in this hand -

I think you have to bet the flop to determine if:

1) either of them could be on a diamond draw
2) if BB decided to slowplay top set

Checking the flop you have no idea where you are now.

Maybe BB has top-set - maybe he has AdKd and got cute on the flop, maybe he has KdKx, or maybe he has QQ.

MP could also have any of the above here (except AA).

Any reads?

[/ QUOTE ]
So if he bets the flop and gets 2 flat calls, what does he do on a diamond turn/non diamond turn?
What does he do if he gets raised? Throw away middle set? Call?
Maybe if the diamond comes on the turn, you can throw it away with a lotta strength shown. But what if there's no diamond.
I dont like this situation one bit, and I hate to throw this hand away, the only way IMO of playing this hand without getting a headache is bet flop, call if raised.Push non-diamond turn. If he has a set of Aces good for him. Im not gonna second guess myself too much.

I think brunson said it, in a raised pot, ur gonna always lose money set over set, and i think this hand is a case in point.

HoldEm_Hero
05-12-2005, 11:09 AM
BB has been playing very loose, raising to steal blinds and autobetting raised pots. This is why I checked, I knew I would be called by both and thought I could lose less this way. Wrong thinking? Should I be playing as the agressor in this spot? MP is a donk. He could have anything. My table image is fairly loose but solid postflop.

LuvDemNutz
05-12-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB has been playing very loose, raising to steal blinds and autobetting raised pots. This is why I checked, I knew I would be called by both and thought I could lose less this way. Wrong thinking? Should I be playing as the agressor in this spot? MP is a donk. He could have anything. My table image is fairly loose but solid postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying when BB checked something smelled fishy to you?

midget23
05-12-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could lose less this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you thought you were behind on the flop? did you call the turn bet hoping to hit your 1 outter on the river?