PDA

View Full Version : Playing too many hands?

TexInAtl
05-12-2005, 10:01 AM
What is the average/standard flop seen % for Limit O/8? I have PT, but have not purchased PTO yet so I'm using stats from the poker site. My flop seen % over 500 hands was 40%. My % won when saw the flop was 31%. I feel like I was waiting for and playing good hands, but I ended up breaking even on the night. I've also been adivsed that I was playing too many hands. Any comments?

Thanks

Ironman
05-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Well...we've been having some discussions on that recently and several people seem to think a good number is between 20 and 25 VPIP (I think the number 22 looks optimum.)

Others have said that we spend way too much time worrying about VPIP and not about post flop play.

PTO is great.

I've noticed that my numbers show a positive return in the 22 range and a negative return when I branched out at lower limits and played too many hands.

Good luck.

TexInAtl
05-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of questions on that note. Does VPIP include the 10% of the time (at a full handed table) that you're playing from the BB? I'm playing .50/1, which seems to be extremely passive, so typically there is no raise to call to see the flop from the BB. Probably the biggest hole that I have at these passive tables is calling the 1/2SB from the SB to see the flop with marginal (yes, and sometimes more than marginal) hands. Other than the blinds though, my VPIP% is around 20-25%. So this is on track?

GooperMC
05-12-2005, 12:35 PM
We will do this quick like

- Yes 40% is too high
- No PTO doesn't include BB in VP$IP unless you call a raise
- Here is the most recent thread where this has been discussed: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2321450&page=&view=&s b=5&o=