PDA

View Full Version : Screamo?

DavidC
05-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Who listens to Alexisonfire, After School Knife fight, etc. and why?

I have to admit, I listen to everything from Tool to Tchaikovsky to hip hop, and I don't get anything in this genre.

--Dave.

IndieMatty
05-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Try and find some Grade. Awesome hardcore band that started as a metalcore band and then pretty much defined screamo with their subsequent albums.

They are also from Canada...so you should like already own their t-shirt.

-M

Sporky
05-12-2005, 09:46 AM
i dug grade's really old stuff, then they changed a ton. you've reminded me i should dig up some of their stuff.

DavidC
05-12-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try and find some Grade. Awesome hardcore band that started as a metalcore band and then pretty much defined screamo with their subsequent albums.

They are also from Canada...so you should like already own their t-shirt.

-M

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta admit, this made me laugh. Not in a mean way, just sincerely amused.

Thanks bro. If I manage to get into the above groups, I'll check this out (my buddy's really into the ones I mentioned earlier, but don't really like them).

However, if you get a chance to check out Death From Above, holy [censored] they rock! Kinda like Screamo, but more like System of a Down in their lyrics and instruments.

I hear they put on a hell of a show too.

--Dave.

IndieMatty
05-12-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dug grade's really old stuff, then they changed a ton. you've reminded me i should dig up some of their stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their first album with Lend Me The Future and their cover of Ziggy Stardust is Tits.

The second one was where they became..screamo. Everything after that is like meh poppunkhc.

I used to really like them a lot though.

boedeker
05-12-2005, 10:40 AM
original screamo: Inkwell.

IndieMatty
05-12-2005, 10:42 AM
They were an awesome band. But I submit Long Island bands Closure and Kives and Greenwater as screamo predecessors.

MarkSummers
05-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Death From Above 1979 rules. The fact that they rule means that they by default cannot be screamo.

IndieMatty
05-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Remember you guys are young. The words "EMO" and "SCREAMO" have been bastardized and aren't really what the genre is/was about. Most of all the music you think fits there, probably just belongs in pop-rock now.

That being said, shouldn't you be compulsively washing your hands?