PDA

View Full Version : Ethical debate on suicide

Arnfinn Madsen
05-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Hi,
Since such a serious topic is brought up.

An incident a few years ago got me thinking:
I ran across a teenage girl in the street trying to commit suicide. I approached her to physically prevent it (I saw that it was beyond the point of talking). Her response was that she tried to kill me. I survived and with the help of a few others I managed to force her onto the ground. The police and doctors arrived and they said she had several attempts (pills etc.). The police was so worried about her state that they decided they had to handcuff her and bring her to a security mental institution.

It got me thinking. Should it not be a right to commit it? Does anybody have the right to forcefully prevent it? (those who encourage it is lowlife and scum IMO but this thread is not about that)

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 09:29 AM
i wish she had killed herself. and you. then i wouldn't have had to skim this bullhonk post.

rmarotti
05-12-2005, 09:30 AM
"bullhonk" is my new favorite word.

Oh, and this thread sucks. I hope the OP dies.

blaze666
05-12-2005, 09:31 AM
it's the same as taking drugs, it will kill you, but it is the laws responsibilty to protect people.if it is the persons choice to die, then that doesn't make for a happy society, because it's not just themselves they are harming, it is also other people around them who love them.

Jazza
05-12-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i wish she had killed herself. and you. then i wouldn't have had to skim this bullhonk post.

[/ QUOTE ]

next time just don't read the post, and keep reading those all important polls about how many times a day you masturbate, and what you ate for dinner this one time when you were drunk

to the OP, that's a tuffy, i dunno

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 09:35 AM
i never knew spewing hate was so much fun.

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!

oh btw, i own the copyright on bullhonk. and i am also a wizard. use bullhonk and you will have a sudden urge to slit your wrists.

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

next time just don't read the post, and keep reading those all important polls about how many times a day you masturbate, and what you ate for dinner this one time when you were drunk

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't i already tell you to kill yourself? what is with you people.

Arnfinn Madsen
05-12-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's the same as taking drugs, it will kill you, but it is the laws responsibilty to protect people.if it is the persons choice to die, then that doesn't make for a happy society, because it's not just themselves they are harming, it is also other people around them who love them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am confused about this one, so I am not trying to make an argument. Just wonder, isn't the society by morally condemning suicide this way putting a very heavy burden on a person in a deep crisis?

Jazza
05-12-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how many times are you going to re-open this bullhonk thread?

blaze666
05-12-2005, 09:39 AM
yeah, but y'know, there are loads of suiced hotlines, when suicidal people say they are trapped with no-one to talk to, they are wrong, there are a lot of people who they could talk to.

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how many times are you going to re-open this bullhonk thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh crap what was i thinking bumping this thread when it had already dropped to SECOND on the page.

btw i would recommend you stay away from all knives, axes, sawes and ninja swords for the next 24 hrs. i wouldnt want you to suddenly feel compelled to slit your wrists.

Jazza
05-12-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, but y'know, there are loads of suiced hotlines, when suicidal people say they are trapped with no-one to talk to, they are wrong, there are a lot of people who they could talk to.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think these people are thinking logically, there usually f'ed up in the head

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or they could just start a thread on 2+2. i have heard they are very compassionate and understanding about these types of things.

Arnfinn Madsen
05-12-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or they could just start a thread on 2+2. i have heard they are very compassionate and understanding about these types of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Studies show that many people with built-up aggression who don't have the social skills to let it out in real life (like you), so they use the anonymity of the internet to get it out. Thus, the internet is probably the worst place to go for help.

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Studies show that many people with built-up aggression who don't have the social skills to let it out in real life (like you), so they use the anonymity of the internet to get it out. Thus, the internet is probably the worst place to go for help.

[/ QUOTE ]

quit being such a stuck-up snob and overdose on nyquil already.

Jazza
05-12-2005, 09:53 AM
post #6 of yours in this thread which you implied sucked

and counting...

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 09:55 AM
you can count to 6 now! good job, i award you 3 gold stars!

wait for it....

Jazza
05-12-2005, 09:56 AM
wait for what?

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 09:58 AM
i thought you were counting? or did you forget what comes after 6?

Jazza
05-12-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BOO YAH #8

didn't see that coming! PWNED!!

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BOO YAH #8

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

........and i have now successfully derailed this thread.

-Skeme-
05-12-2005, 10:02 AM
How was she visibly trying to kill herself if she just took a bunch of pills? How'd she try and kill you? She have a knife? Did you dragon kick her? I'd dragon kick her.

Jazza
05-12-2005, 10:03 AM
it worked out ok in the end, you got what you wanted, i PWNED you

i'm gonna go get a victory beer

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it worked out ok in the end, you got what you wanted, i PWNED you

i'm gonna go get a victory beer

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope its poisoned.

Arnfinn Madsen
05-12-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BOO YAH #8

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In which you achieved the following: Making me and all other sensible persons here view you as an attention-seeking moran (that rings a bell: that's how you labeled Shawn). I don't think you have the guts to watch yourself in the mirror.

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BOO YAH #8

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In which you achieved the following: Making me and all other sensible persons here view you as an attention-seeking moran (that rings a bell: that's how you labeled Shawn). I don't think you have the guts to watch yourself in the mirror.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do like attention, YOU GOT ME.

I just find it funny that you and others are trying to take this whole shawn_p suicide thing seriously. this is an internet forum. better yet, its part of a poker forum. how could anyone possibly want to talk about suicide???

Arnfinn Madsen
05-12-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How was she visibly trying to kill herself if she just took a bunch of pills? How'd she try and kill you? She have a knife? Did you dragon kick her? I'd dragon kick her.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was not so relevant for the topic so I left the details out. The street crosses a river (the water is cold up here so it kills you), she climbed across the rail to the outside. I managed to get hold of her and I climbed to the outside too. Then she deliberately tried to push me off the bridge a few times (it is just a miracle that noone of us fell). With help of some others I managed to lift her to the inside (she made maybe 20 attempts to jump while this). When she was on the inside, we loosened the grip, then she tried to go for it again; so we just had to push her to the ground and held her until the police came.

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was not so relevant for the topic so I left the details out. The street crosses a river (the water is cold up here so it kills you), she climbed across the rail to the outside. I managed to get hold of her and I climbed to the outside too. Then she deliberately tried to push me off the bridge a few times (it is just a miracle that noone of us fell). With help of some others I managed to lift her to the inside (she made maybe 20 attempts to jump while this). When she was on the inside, we loosened the grip, then she tried to go for it again; so we just had to push her to the ground and held her until the police came.

[/ QUOTE ]

what an attention whore. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jakethebake
05-12-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should it not be a right to commit it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody have the right to forcefully prevent it?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.