PDA

View Full Version : Rules For Teens

daveymck
05-12-2005, 08:08 AM
My stepson is now 13 and at the phase of wanting to hang out with his mates in the park, cuddling girls (he claims not to have kissed the girl that keeps calling of him).

He is pretty sensible and I have had a chat to him about stuff and I am relatively cool about him going out and stuff like that as long as he gets back at a time we say, and not having been causing trouble, drinking or smoking.

His mother is not quite as liberal (her eldest so a bit of he is still my little boy there) and at the moment I am having to try and get her to chill and let him do his stuff as I feel if we dont he will just fight us all the way ending up with the usual conflict of teens vs parents.

She has agreed to some of the stuff I say (although isnt happy) and this weekend we are going to draw up some reasonable house rules setting out the consequences of breaking the rules, in essence so everyone knows where they are and everyday conflict is removed. Stuff will come up there will be smoking, drinking whatever etc but we can deal with them at the time.

A lot of u guys are late teens what rules would you have looked for to make your life easier while being fair to your parents needs and worries.

rmarotti
05-12-2005, 08:32 AM
Your kid should not have the benefit of the opinions of a bunch of spoiled rotten 14 year old poker brats influencing your rules for him. Lay down the hammer, he will hate you now and love you later when it matters. If you try and be chummy with him at this age and let him "be cool" and do most of the things he wants he will love you now and hate you when it comes time to change your diapers and IV.

This response is serious.