PDA

View Full Version : river pairs board, he comes out betting... raise my straight?

creedofhubris
05-12-2005, 07:28 AM
5/10 NL, villain says he's Layne Flack.

Villain limps UTG, poster, couple limpers, I come in on the button with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Flop:

5/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Bad player leads out for 10. 3 callers. I make it $90 on the button. "Layne" calls.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain checks, I bet $120, villain calls.

River: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Villain bets $180, I...

hansarnic
05-12-2005, 07:50 AM
What are the stack sizes?

-Skeme-
05-12-2005, 07:54 AM
I just call. Assuming you have a decent table image and this is a decent Villain, what is he calling on the river that you beat? If he has a five, which is unlikely, he will most likely fold to a decent raise on the river, fearing a boat. I don't see an overpair calling anything here. I don't see a bused draw calling a raise here. It could be a blocking bet, so no reason to raise this as he's folding to one. I just see nothing at all that would call a raise here that you are ahead of. I've never played above $200 NL, so this could be over my head, though. Maybe you $1000 NL players love to raise tons on pure bluffs and he might call with an overpair trying to trap you. I don't know, but my spidey-sense tells you to call.

If it really is Layne, he could be bluffing and playing super loose at the lower limits trying to have fun.

creedofhubris
05-12-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops! We each have ~$1000 behind at the start of hand.

hansarnic
05-12-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops! We each have ~$1000 behind at the start of hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't look like a flopped set to me or QQ, so I think the only hands you're not beating are 56 and 87.

Will he fold 87 to a smallish raise? If not you just have to call.