PDA

View Full Version : A particularly strange QQ hand

Lonhro
05-12-2005, 07:22 AM
UTG is an absolute rock and a half - 9/5/2.6
CO is 20/6/1.8, although I don't have much more than 100 hands on him, and at the time of this game he was coming up as 0.5 aggression.

My intention is to obviously checkraise the turn; UTG has never been caught limp-re-raising before with anything less than KK.

What should I have done? Be brutal.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (23 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

River: (14.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

imported_leader
05-12-2005, 07:25 AM
With someone as passive as this (.5 at the time) you never know what cards might scare him on the turn. Therefore, I 3 beat the flop and lead the turn.

pfkaok
05-12-2005, 07:34 AM
Yeah, somebody that tight coudl easily freezeup on that turn, fearing that one of you must have KK or QQ, and he'd check his AA... also, if you 3bet the flop he might cap.

if he caps it on the flop then trying for a CR on the turn will have a much higher success rate.

Plus, jamming the flop can also tie the other player in, wheras if you wait until turn to put in a raise it'll make it easier for him to make a correct fold.

JoshuaD
05-12-2005, 07:35 AM
I 3-bet it on the flop and take it from there. The turn check-raise just works to push CO out of the pot when he doesn't have the flush draw.

chief444
05-12-2005, 07:44 AM
If you're sure he has KK or AA the preflop cap doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Postflop...I'd just 3-bet the flop and keep going.

Lonhro
05-13-2005, 03:30 AM
Understood chief - I just thought getting five people going to a capped flop is +EV regardless if UTG has KK or AA - I might be incorrect, please point this out if this is the case.

I think the thing that through me off on this hand was being raised by UTG on the flop (something I expected) and then checked straight through on the turn when a K hit (which, if he had either of KK AA or possibly even AK, I would've assumed an autobet from this aggressive rock).

Petteri
05-13-2005, 03:36 AM
3-bet flop and bet to turn.