PDA

View Full Version : A bet with PoBoy321

PokerGodess
05-12-2005, 05:26 AM
PoBoy,
I have an offer for you and given the certainty you have in other posts I assume you will jump at the opportunity.

I will give you 3:1 odds on a $100 bet that I am not shawn_p.

If you take the bet then I will transfer $300 to a trusted 3rd party and you will transfer $100 to said party.

I will then reveal my true identity and will also post my IP address (actually I am not sure what an IP address is or what it proves, I'm not a computer guy.) If you require further proof explain the method for me to do so before the money is transfered and I will comply.

You in?

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Not a computer guy, eh? Presumably not a computer girl either?

NLSoldier
05-12-2005, 05:27 AM
He only has $3.92 right now, give him a few hrs.

PoBoy321
05-12-2005, 05:29 AM
This would clearly be an awful bet, because you wouldn't make it if you didn't have an alternate IP address or some other way to prove that you weren't shawn_p.

Not to mention the fact that at the moment, I'm a broke-ass and don't have $100 to gamble with.

I'm still very confident that you're shawn_p, though.

PoBoy321
05-12-2005, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He only has $3.92 right now, give him a few hrs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] that, I'm going to sleep. It's almost 6 o'clock in the god-damned morning.

PokerGodess
05-12-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am, in fact, a guy. This account was origionally made as a troll account to ask the question on the mid-high NLPL forum of:

I am new here, who are the best posters on this site

I asked this to see if I would be mentioned, I used a feminine identity because I figured that would cut down on the responses that were just links to past threads asking the same question and would actually generate genuine responses.

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 05:33 AM
So whats your normal account? (I haven't been following the shawn_p stuff, just a curious bystander).

PokerGodess
05-12-2005, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So whats your normal account? (I haven't been following the shawn_p stuff, just a curious bystander).

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't disclose that because I am a good player who has made serious contributions to the NL forum and I don't want my 2+2 image tainted

PoBoy321
05-12-2005, 05:34 AM
Out of curiosity, should this thread make me feel awesome? I mean, I already do, I'm just curious if this should add to it.

scott8
05-12-2005, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The case has been cracked.

NLSoldier
05-12-2005, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't disclose that because I am a good player who has made serious contributions to the NL forum and I don't want my 2+2 image tainted

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont follow the NL Forums much, but it seems like the only person in there who is a big enough tool to pull something like this is KKF.

NLSoldier
05-12-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, should this thread make me feel awesome? I mean, I already do, I'm just curious if this should add to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES.

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 05:36 AM
Well, perhaps I should call you out in another thread so that 3/3 of the threads on the forum will have you in their title.

PoBoy321
05-12-2005, 05:37 AM
Which thread? Feel free to call me out.

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 05:37 AM
I don't have anything to call you out on, I just wanted to contribute to the general PoBoy321 atmosphere.

PoBoy321
05-12-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to contribute to the general PoBoy321 atmosphere.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the summer of PoBoy!

PokerGodess
05-12-2005, 05:43 AM
How about this PoBoy, you and Jason_T can pool your resources and instead of paying out 3:1 I will pay out 6:1.

If combined the two of you can come up with $100 then I will wager $600 against it that I am not shawn p.

(IP address tells you the geographical location of a computer correct? If so then a comparision of my IP to shawns that shows we are in different states would prove my identity correct?)

I will even allow the burden of proof to be on me.

So what do you say? Come up with $100 combined and I will pay you $300 each if I am shawn...

NLSoldier
05-12-2005, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How about this PoBoy, you and Jason_T can pool your resources and instead of paying out 3:1 I will pay out 6:1.

If combined the two of you can come up with $100 then I will wager $600 against it that I am not shawn p.

(IP address tells you the geographical location of a computer correct? If so then a comparision of my IP to shawns that shows we are in different states would prove my identity correct?)

So what do you say? Come up with $100 combined and I will pay you $300 each if I am shawn...

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you pay up the $500 you owe us and the $200 or whatever that you owe to Yugo first.

rmarotti
05-12-2005, 06:02 AM
Please die.

jason_t
05-12-2005, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you pay up the $500 you owe us and the $200 or whatever that you owe to Yugo first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting that PokerGodess = KaneKungFu123?

NLSoldier
05-12-2005, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But its pretty much a shot in the dark.

Jazza
05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But its pretty much a shot in the dark.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm guessing not, because he is not a respected poster to begin with

chaas4747
05-12-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you worried about you image being tainted because you post in OOT, or because you make dumb ass posts in OOT?

PokerGodess
05-12-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you worried about you image being tainted because you post in OOT, or because you make dumb ass posts in OOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, both. But mostly because the latter.

No, I am not KKF -- he is hated across many forums.

jason_t
05-12-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, both. But mostly because the latter.

No, I am not KKF -- he is hated across many forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will be soon, too.