PDA

View Full Version : Deep in the tourney strategy

Roothlus
05-12-2005, 05:23 AM
Within the past week I have cashed in twenty tournies while probably playing in 50 events which seems like a really good number and ROI. Except once I get into the money and close or at the final table I seem to hit a brick wall. I can't win the tournies and I constantly am getting caught in blind stealing situations. I want to know if there is a certain strategy to use once you are deep in the money to help win that tournament. The friends that I tourney with and constantly watch me tell me that I also have to improve my late game. I definitely understand there is a tremendous amount of luck involved but I am consistently falling short of first and sometimes the final table. Is there a certain late game strategy I should adopt into my play? Thank you. --Adam Levy aka Oman on #twoplustwo

Sluss
05-12-2005, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
constantly am getting caught in blind stealing situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might mean you are stealing from the wrong people or you are getting unlucky.

Your really better off posting some hands that you think you played poorly or played well late in tournaments then you can get some feedback.

Moonsugar
05-12-2005, 12:09 PM
What has helped me a lot is playing SnG and studying how to play shorthanded poker where the blinds are quite large relative to your stack. The blinds have a TON of value and you can't be as quick to let them go.

Your problem is probably that you are folding way to many hands when the action gets to you and you can be first in the pot. Also look for restealing situations.

I would encourage you to look at the STT forum here and to play some SnGs.