PDA

View Full Version : what the hell is wrong with you assholes -

whiskeytown
05-12-2005, 04:48 AM
I just got done reading thru the shawn_p debacle - I musta been busy that night otherwise I would have replied to him and tried to PM/talk him out of it - (I did post to him 4 days before all that when he described how he was in love again about 4 days before his meltdown - no indication at that point of any problem)

and I've gone thru some of the comments right now and I'm stopping, cause if I find out where some of you assholes who were egging him on live I'm halfway liable to report you to the police and let you spend a few nights in jail and spend some of that hard earned money defending yourselves against a manslaughter charge. (and yes, there is precedence for doing so - I used to frequent suicide boards when I was that bad off myself - I saw people who were arrested because they agreed to meet and kill themselves - one chickened out and he was arrested for being an accessory)

Rule #1 - regardless of whether someone is an attention whore, desperate, or actually suicidal, you always treat it as a real situation and try to get the people help - even if you have to call the cops on them -

If it's a joke, great - I'm actually thrilled - but I don't see any indication of ANYTHING like this coming up in any of his previous posts till 4 days after that one where he said he was in love again -

If Mat can track the IP he posted from, I'd like to trace it back and check local newspapers - I feel like I might puke just reading the way 2+2'ers reacted to the situation.... - I've never been so goddamned ashamed of a group of people in my life - the only lucky thing is that if he doesn't know [censored] about slitting veins, he may have done it wrong and just be in the hospital right now.....that's IF we're lucky.

So, pop quiz - you got a poster who implies they might be taking thinking of taking their life and they're depressed - what response do you post?

rmarotti - "press harder"

thinman - "Until you prove that your worldly possesions mean nothing to you, nobody will buy this...Let's start with your Neteller info...Put your money where your mouth is. (just slide it in the zipper)"

contentless - "just go away"

you stupid [censored] assholes - everyone of you who replied that way and treated it like a joke are stupid [censored] assholes and you're not worth the [censored] in a septic tank.

RB

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 04:50 AM
Wrong.

bugstud
05-12-2005, 04:51 AM
people who haven't been that far gone simply lack the perspective. I used to react to a shawn_p situation similarly, though I don't anymore.

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 04:52 AM
For some reason, your post is making me uncontrollably mad. I'm going to stop typing before I can no longer resist ripping your self-righteous, self-important little prick of a body a new [censored].

PoBoy321
05-12-2005, 04:53 AM
It's cool. Poker Godess is alive and well. God is in His heaven and all is right with the world.

Anyway, who cares. shawn_p was an awful tipper and we could manage with one fewer of them anyway.

PokerGodess
05-12-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If Mat can track the IP he posted from, I'd like to trace it back and check local newspapers...

the only lucky thing is that if he doesn't know [censored] about slitting veins, he may have done it wrong and just be in the hospital right now.....that's IF we're lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

To the first point, I suggested this but probably don't have the street cred to make it happen. Do you want to PM Mat and get back to us with his response?

To the 2nd point, I am pretty sure that someone posted a link that gave pointers on how to kill oneself so we covered that much... (bunch of savages in this town)

MEbenhoe
05-12-2005, 04:59 AM
Agreed, as would anyone who has any sense of decency, or has ever known someone who committed/attempted/thought about suicide. Then again, of the list of people who were assholes in the other thread, or are replying poorly to this thread, I'm not surprised by any of them.

JaBlue
05-12-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason, your post is making me uncontrollably mad. I'm going to stop typing before I can no longer resist ripping your self-righteous, self-important little prick of a body a new [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

shut the [censored] up.

PoBoy321
05-12-2005, 05:04 AM
I actually take offense to your post, mainly because I've known several peeople who have committed suicide, one cousin and two very close friends.

That said, I think that shawn_p, who I have no doubt was making a seriously sick joke, should be ridiculed and his IP address (which I'm sure can be traced back to Poker Godess) should be banned from this forum.

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 05:05 AM
You shut the [censored] up you ignorant little bitch. Sure, you are so incredibly sensitive, I'm impressed now. Your moral high (hobby) horse really suits you, you hypocritical little pissant.

Obviously, everyone who doesn't give shawn_p the benefit of the suicide doubt is clearly liable for prosecution if we don't watch ourselves (notice my non-participation in that thread, bitch).

You guys are such obvious, ignorant, naive little [censored] college brats. Go [censored] kill yourself.

JaBlue
05-12-2005, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually take offense to your post, mainly because I've known several peeople who have committed suicide, one cousin and two very close friends.

That said, I think that shawn_p, who I have no doubt was making a seriously sick joke, should be ridiculed and his IP address (which I'm sure can be traced back to Poker Godess) should be banned from this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

To make a poker analogy, even if shawn_p only had 1% of actually being suicidal, and 1% of taking the advice of some posters' comments to him, don't you still see how wildly -EV it is for anyone to respond in that manner?

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 05:07 AM
To use a poker analogy, go [censored] kill yourself douchebag.

JaBlue
05-12-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You shut the [censored] up you ignorant little bitch. Sure, you are so incredibly sensitive, I'm impressed now. Your moral high (hobby) horse really suits you, you hypocritical little pissant.

Obviously, everyone who doesn't give shawn_p the benefit of the suicide doubt is clearly liable for prosecution if we don't watch ourselves (notice my non-participation in that thread, bitch).

You guys are such obvious, ignorant, naive little [censored] college brats. Go [censored] kill yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

InChoate you are clearly in the wrong here. I'm not saying you should be prosecuted, but you're still a little dickwad with little self esteem. Calm down. relax. You'll get laid one day.

MEbenhoe
05-12-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true then you should know that no matter what your opinion his post should have been taken seriously. Maybe some things in the aftermath have made you think that it was a joke, however at the time when it was going on there was absolutely no way you could 100% know he was joking (you still don't know 100% for sure that it was a joke). The fact that people made jokes about someone who possibly, no matter how slight the possibility, could've been considering suicide sickens me.

PoBoy321
05-12-2005, 05:10 AM
In all honesty, if there is any chance that shawn_p was making light of suicide, of which I think there is a very hich chance, I think that he should have killed himself anyway.

PoBoy321
05-12-2005, 05:11 AM
I think that it is a near certainty that shawn_p was pulling a sick joke, and that disgusts me.

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 05:12 AM
Wow what a flame. I feel so badly burnt.

Yes, my self-esteem is horrible. Its written all over me.

Of course you aren't saying I should be prosecuted, but the OP is saying all the other fucktards who participated should.

You can't [censored] read, can you?

Yes, I know I'll get laid one day. Like today, for instance. One of the many benefits of entering the adult world is entering adult relationships--many of us even find a way to maintain them for years at a time. I'm sure your parents can elaborate, and when you penis is big enough to keep a condom on it, maybe you'll even learn.

[censored] little douche. Don't take yourself, whiskeytown, and "shawn_p" so [censored] serious.

Also, consider getting an education, or at least a GED. It will bring you further than your itinerant little squeaking.

JaBlue
05-12-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In all honesty, if there is any chance that shawn_p was making light of suicide, of which I think there is a very hich chance, I think that he should have killed himself anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've known a few people that have committed suicide and this aspect of his post pissed me off too. There's still that 1% though.

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 05:13 AM
You [censored] little kids. All quick to brag abour your "experience."

Hehe. You sound like those racist fucktards who are so quick to volunteer that they have a black friend.

You don't know [censored].

1% my [censored] ass.

MEbenhoe
05-12-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that it is a near certainty that shawn_p was pulling a sick joke, and that disgusts me.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes if he was making a sick joke that disgusts me as well, but you say its a near certainty based on things you think you know now, not things that were known at the time. What if you found out one of those people who was close to you had reached out to someone before they committed suicide and that person thought it was a joke so they ridiculed them? How would that make you feel?

JaBlue
05-12-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You [censored] little kids. All quick to brag abour your "experience."

Hehe. You sound like those racist fucktards who are so quick to volunteer that they have a black friend.

You don't know [censored].

1% my [censored] ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

InChoateHand: give up. You are wrong.

PoBoy321
05-12-2005, 05:15 AM
When I say very high chance, I mean that I am nearly certain, especially given his posts and Poker Godess's posts.

Everything that has gone on in the past 48 hours makes me sick. Like I said, one cousin who I loved dearly and two very close friends have killed themselves due to extreme depression which caused suicide. Anyone who can possibly make light of that situation surely does not deserve to enjoy the wonder of the joy of life.

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 05:17 AM
MEbenhoe, I can tell you are young, so I'll try to take it easy on you.

Anyone who was "reaching out," and "reached out" to OOT at 2+2 either isn't going to [censored] kill themselves, or is, and very very very little (read none) of what is said here is going to change that.

Obviously you aren't well versed on the literature, but thats okay. Keep spouting your little truisms.

thatpfunk
05-12-2005, 05:20 AM
Why are you so angry all the time?

Edit: I mean it's a freaking internet forum. Relax.

MEbenhoe
05-12-2005, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you so angry and wrong all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 05:22 AM
I don't think I'm so angry all of the time.

However, "all of the time," as you experience it vis-a-vis myself is probably comprised exclusively between the hours of midnight and six, almost exclusively when I have been drinking heavily (I've learned to tilt away at the fucktards at OOT, instead of at the poker tables where I used to burn huge swathes through my BR).

Besides, most of the time I'm on here I'm rather a good-natured fellow, albeit a pretentious prick.

nbake
05-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Wow Inchoate...While spouting off a bunch of bullshit and calling others "kid" and speaking of "fucktards", you definitely gained my respect. How ironic it is that you sound like one of these intolerant young fucktards.

And before you go flaming people about using proper english, you might want to proofread your own [censored].

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are such obvious, ignorant, naive little [censored] college brats. Go [censored] kill yourself*.

[/ QUOTE ]
think the correct term might be yourselves, but that's just me

bort411
05-12-2005, 05:28 AM
I strongly agree with the sentiment behind your post, but I'm not sure I agree with your reasoning. Regardless of how right you think you are, what gives you the moral authority to condemn others? I'm speaking theoretically here, but having the desire not to help people or even the desire to see people dead...how come you get to decide what's the right way to think?

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 05:29 AM
Gee, what a genius contribution. I'd reply that you have now earned my respect, but actually you haven't. Go [censored] kill yourself and yourselves.

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 05:30 AM
Wow bort411, thank you for expressing in plain english what my ire and bile was failing to communicate. Seriously. Except the "strongly" agree--I'm not sure I even "strongly" agree with his sentiments, but thats a different issue.

InchoateHand
05-12-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
think the correct term might be yourselves, but that's just me

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going to try to rip on someone that ripped on someone else for language use, you really should consider taking your own advice.

And I never proofread. Its a [censored] internet forum.

Genius.

Momo
05-12-2005, 05:36 AM
http://www.thekodclan.com/members/img/ThatOtherGuy.jpg

PoBoy321
05-12-2005, 05:37 AM
Seriously, I've been looking for this picture for about a year. Thanks for finding it for me.

PokerGodess
05-12-2005, 05:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats funny.

However, in this case the argument that OP is making is incredibly significant if he is able to influence the behavior of some OOTiots in the future if a similar situation arises and instead of egging the 'villain' on the OOT community sends him PMs offering him support.

If someone posts online that they are considering killing themselves and they are seriously considering their idea then their post is the definition of a cry for help, to not only disregard that cry but to instead egg them on is so unbelieveably irresponsible that it is sickening (and yes, I too was guilty and yes, I am extremely ashamed by my actions)

bort411
05-12-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to hell for how much I lauged at that.

Momo
05-12-2005, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Thats funny.

However, in this case the argument that OP is making is incredibly significant if he is able to influence the behavior of some OOTiots in the future if a similar situation arises and instead of egging the 'villain' on the OOT community sends him PMs offering him support.

If someone posts online that they are considering killing themselves and they are seriously considering their idea then their post is the definition of a cry for help, to not only disregard that cry but to instead egg them on is so unbelieveably irresponsible that it is sickening (and yes, I too was guilty and yes, I am extremely ashamed by my actions)

[/ QUOTE ]

No i agree its a serious situation. Just trying to point out an obvious fact some people dont get. You can cuss at someone all you want, call them those big bad names, but its pointless. Someone who has a different opinion then you on 99% of subjects will not change there view on a topic because you argue back and forth.

rmarotti
05-12-2005, 05:45 AM
Inchoate, I used to think I hated you, but you are quickly running up the ranks in my own personal "Poster of the Year" contest. Keep fighting the good fight.

N.B. Poboy: I am empathetic with the sad experiences you have had in the past with suicides. That being said, it's clear no such tragedy was going on in these shawn_p posts. I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

bernie
05-12-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm halfway liable to report you to the police and let you spend a few nights in jail and spend some of that hard earned money defending yourselves against a manslaughter charge. (and yes, there is precedence for doing so - I used to frequent suicide boards when I was that bad off myself - I saw people who were arrested because they agreed to meet and kill themselves - one chickened out and he was arrested for being an accessory)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you could post the courtcase where someone on an internet board, never meeting the person, is held liable for something as serious as manslaughter, because of what they typed in a thread on an online forum, please do so. I'd like to read it.

That's like saying someone wanting to jump off a building while someone down below yells for them to jump, the yeller is liable. Which, from what I hear, is a common occurrence in NY city.

b

rmarotti
05-12-2005, 05:55 AM
It is. And AFAIK they've never been held liable.

bernie
05-12-2005, 06:00 AM
I just noticed your location.

That kind of cracked me up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

b

rmarotti
05-12-2005, 06:01 AM
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif bernie.

Jman28
05-12-2005, 06:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

To make a poker analogy, even if shawn_p only had 1% of actually being suicidal, and 1% of taking the advice of some posters' comments to him, don't you still see how wildly -EV it is for anyone to respond in that manner?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. I can't believe how Inchoate is responding to you. He sounds really ignorant.

rmarotti
05-12-2005, 06:34 AM
Inchoate knows that the chance was 0%. Please post something more interesting than this. I'm tired of encouraging people to die.

Jman28
05-12-2005, 06:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Inchoate knows that the chance was 0%. Please post something more interesting than this. I'm tired of encouraging people to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have a poor understanding of probability.

Or you and Inchoate both know shawn personally.

DBowling
05-12-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think you have a poor understanding of probability.

Or you and Inchoate both know shawn personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

he was either serious or he was not. there is no RNG to decide. probability is a bad analogy.

rmarotti
05-12-2005, 06:39 AM
Chicken bacon club is teh sh[/i]it.

Jman28
05-12-2005, 06:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Chicken bacon club is teh sh[/i]it.

[/ QUOTE ]

truce

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shawn_p was nothing but a fuckn troll from day one. anyone who could not see this is fuckn ignorant. preach on inchoatehand.

rmarotti
05-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Word.

drexah
05-12-2005, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's cool. Poker Godess is alive and well. God is in His heaven and all is right with the world.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, who cares. shawn_p was an awful tipper and we could manage with one fewer of them anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

coooldd blooodeeedd

rmarotti
05-12-2005, 07:54 AM
But so true.

jakethebake
05-12-2005, 08:32 AM
Shawn Piccirilli is not dead.

RunDownHouse
05-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Inchoate is clearly the biggest loser in this thread.

rmarotti
05-12-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am clearly the biggest loser in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp.

Jazza
05-12-2005, 09:47 AM
we need some save Shaun t-shirts, a la Ferris Bueler

and yeah, i agree with Whiskeytown here

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 09:49 AM
why don't you go dere-lick the barrel of a sawed-off shotgun.

Jazza
05-12-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the worst fyp i've seen in a while

rmarotti
05-12-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am the worst

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jazza
05-12-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

were you trying to be funny, or was that serious?

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

were you trying to be funny, or was that serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you still here? noone likes you. just sack up and do it already.

-Skeme-
05-12-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
shawn_p was nothing but a fuckn troll from day one. anyone who could not see this is fuckn ignorant. preach on inchoatehand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you guys say the same thing to a respected poster or someone you weren't 99.9% sure was playing a sick joke?

Jazza
05-12-2005, 09:55 AM
suicide ain't my cup of tea

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad for the world.

Arnfinn Madsen
05-12-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

speaking from experience? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MrFeelNothin
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you guys say the same thing to a respected poster or someone you weren't 99.9% sure was playing a sick joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on the poster obviously.

Jazza
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad for the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

good one

i am obviously no match for your flaming skillz, i will go cry myself to sleep now

MrFeelNothin
05-12-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad for the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

good one

i am obviously no match for your flaming skillz, i will go cry myself to sleep now

[/ QUOTE ]

ty sir, i caught a lucky flop.

-Skeme-
05-12-2005, 09:59 AM
I might possibly tell TSC to end himself.

bernie
05-12-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you guys say the same thing to a respected poster

[/ QUOTE ]

They would likely post it in the Psychology or news/views forum. Everyone on this forum, that's even semi regular, knows what OOT is like.

The reaction is exactly what I'd expect it to be in this forum.

Is this the first day some of you ever strolled through this forum? Welcome to OOT.

b

Bob Moss
05-12-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post.

Bob

KaneKungFu123
05-12-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

inochate:

i want to jump on the bandwagon and say youre a [censored] idiot. you've got the "i post in OOT and play 6 tables of 1/2" written all over you.

congrats you donk

touchfaith
05-12-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just got done reading thru the shawn_p debacle - I musta been busy that night otherwise I would have replied to him and tried to PM/talk him out of it - (I did post to him 4 days before all that when he described how he was in love again about 4 days before his meltdown - no indication at that point of any problem)

and I've gone thru some of the comments right now and I'm stopping, cause if I find out where some of you assholes who were egging him on live I'm halfway liable to report you to the police and let you spend a few nights in jail and spend some of that hard earned money defending yourselves against a manslaughter charge. (and yes, there is precedence for doing so - I used to frequent suicide boards when I was that bad off myself - I saw people who were arrested because they agreed to meet and kill themselves - one chickened out and he was arrested for being an accessory)

Rule #1 - regardless of whether someone is an attention whore, desperate, or actually suicidal, you always treat it as a real situation and try to get the people help - even if you have to call the cops on them -

If it's a joke, great - I'm actually thrilled - but I don't see any indication of ANYTHING like this coming up in any of his previous posts till 4 days after that one where he said he was in love again -

If Mat can track the IP he posted from, I'd like to trace it back and check local newspapers - I feel like I might puke just reading the way 2+2'ers reacted to the situation.... - I've never been so goddamned ashamed of a group of people in my life - the only lucky thing is that if he doesn't know [censored] about slitting veins, he may have done it wrong and just be in the hospital right now.....that's IF we're lucky.

So, pop quiz - you got a poster who implies they might be taking thinking of taking their life and they're depressed - what response do you post?

rmarotti - "press harder"

thinman - "Until you prove that your worldly possesions mean nothing to you, nobody will buy this...Let's start with your Neteller info...Put your money where your mouth is. (just slide it in the zipper)"

contentless - "just go away"

you stupid [censored] assholes - everyone of you who replied that way and treated it like a joke are stupid [censored] assholes and you're not worth the [censored] in a septic tank.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a moe for you....

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour urine out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel.

Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon. You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot. And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake? You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious.

You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile, one-handed, slack-jawed, drooling, meatslapper. On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill. You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away. I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid, so stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know.

I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupidity for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh. The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of your of whay you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything. Maybe later in life, when you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this forum.

I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you!!!

moondogg
05-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Who the hell says "nincompoop"?

Dead
05-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Nice job copying from web pages.

CallMeIshmael
05-12-2005, 09:52 PM
I felt the same way in this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2382265&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) thread

Phoenix1010
05-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Another one of those threads with so much stupidity running through it that I cringe to read it all.

I'll preface this again by saying that I don't care about Shawn_P, nor do I care about any of you, your opinions, your perspectives, or what you think of me. What I do care about, is how people can so adamantly defend themselves with abhorrently bad logic, and no one calls them out on it.

The most important post in this thread is JaBlue's:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's put in poker form, but this is a concept that works well in all forms of debate. It's risk analysis. Here, Let me spell it out for you:

Hopefully we can agree on one thing: convincing an unstable stranger (someone you know nothing about, could potentially be an evil person or a saint with a broken heart) to kill himself is morally wrong on it's own. I don't care to be the arbiter of morality, but anyone who honestly disagrees with the above statement seriously has something wrong with them. Any smartass who chooses to argue "well if he could get so depressed over a girl he should just kill himself" is either disconnected from reality or stupid. The act of goading someone into taking his own life is a disaster in this scenario. It is so immeasurably catastrophic that when you're assessing the risk of the act of insulting someone who claims to be suicidal, you might as well assign negative infinity value to the result of him actually going through with it.

Well lets look at the possible rewards of insulting someone who claims to be suicidal... there are none. If you want to claim your momentary amusement as a reward, or the pride you get from circle jerking with the other "cool guys" here who jump all over everyone, then go ahead. It's what you live for, enjoy it. If you want to claim, like Poboy so hypocritically did, that it is so offensive to make a joke of suicide that you felt it was your duty to ridicule him because he might be doing so, go ahead. I hope you think you really taught him his lesson... But if you want to claim that any of those "rewards" are even worth adding into the equation alongside the loss of a man's life, then again, you are either out of touch with reality and need to leave the online community for a while, or you are just an idiot. The rewards here have a value of zero.

Lets say we're "sure" that Shawn wasn't serious. If you believe you can be absolutely sure of this, again, you're an idiot. Even if you had a multitude of knowledge on this person, you don't know a damn thing for sure. Still, lets be generous and assign him a .0001% chance of being serious.

So here's your EV (risk/reward) model: (Chance of Shawn being serious)(Risk of Shawn dying)+(Chance that Shawn is not really considering suicide)(rewards of insulting Shawn when he's not serious)

(.0001%)(-infinity)+(99.9999%)(0)

Can you guess what the "EV" of telling someone who claims to be suicidal to kill himself is?

So there's the goddam logic, if you choose to disagree, then disprove this theory. Tell me how you gained something valuable from insulting the kid. Tell me that you know Shawn and you know that he was 100% joking for a fact. Tell me that human life means nothing to you, and you'd gladly talk your mother into killing herself if she got depressed over her divorce and posted on your message board. There's your challenge.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poboy, I'm going to assume your only point in this post was that you don't like people who make light of suicide. I'm sure you realize that if he was making a joke, there was a very low chance of him killing himself, so making fun of him by saying "If you kill yourself, tell your family to post a link to your obituary. I want proof." wasn't really accomplishing anything. I'm sure you're smart enough to realize that.

InchoateHand, I want to say something about you, but the truth is, you've contributed nothing to the thread. You haven't put forth a single point. There was some babbling about how you're angry, then a string of meaningless insults, then an insinuation that Shawn was probably not serious, then nothing. No point. I think all you were trying to say is that you don't like some people, or certain characteristics of people, and maybe you disagree with something Whiskeytown said. If you were trying to make an argument by saying that the person who said something is ignorant or hypocritical or a douchebag, well I'm sure you're smart enough to realize that you're not really saying anything worthwhile. The people you were insulting were making a statement about people's actions. You weren't disagreeing with their statements, (if you were, you would make some attempt to defend the actions) you were just saying you don't like them as people.

And to the least productive member of the defense, MrFeelNothin: First, as I said, InchoateHand preached nothing. You were impressed by his random strings of hateful insults; I understand, some of them were clever. Your lame attempt to jump on the [censored]-bandwagon was pathetic in it's transparency, however. You also added nothing to the thread, so I have nothing more to say to you, other than I hope you find some place in the real world where you can feel accepted.

Rmarotti deserves no response, since he also had nothing to say.

If anyone else has any "defense" to offer for their actions in the other thread, everyone would be happy to hear it. Otherwise, a simple "I was wrong, I'm either a bad person or I was not thinking about my actions" will suffice. Either say something that makes sense, admit you were wrong, or keep silent. You may continue being unabashed assholes, but please, stop the sad attempts at defending yourselves.

-Phoenix

InchoateHand
05-14-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
inochate:

i want to jump on the bandwagon and say youre a [censored] idiot. you've got the "i post in OOT and play 6 tables of 1/2" written all over you.

congrats you donk

[/ QUOTE ]

And you have pubescent jack-off written all over you. Congrats you masturbation addict. Only guy I know who moves to Thailand and jacks off too much. You are truly something else. Isn't it about time for you to post about one of your stellar moves by now?

istewart
05-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Nobody cares, christ.

Stuey
05-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Nice post I have read the whole thread. But I am still left asking how should we respond when this happens again?

Whiskeytown wrote

Rule #1 - regardless of whether someone is an attention whore, desperate, or actually suicidal, you always treat it as a real situation and try to get the people help - even if you have to call the cops on them –

How do you try to get the person help when you can only type stuff in a thread? A simple don't do it with advice of where to go in real life to seek help? Or should we ignore them, as we will just make things worse?

PokerGodess wrote

This sounds like the best course of action. Should we notify the moderator every time we see a suicide thread? I hate to admit it but I could have easily been part of this problem. I did not reply in these threads but I read them. If I had been in a bad mood myself that day I would have showed my ass. So I hope to be one of the OOTiots influenced to change their behavior.

If people don't know how to respond to a situation they could easily just get abusive or make fun of the person. As OOT is just one big pissing match.

Duke
05-14-2005, 01:49 PM
I think it's funny that people who come across like assholes online always have a hoard of people that they know who killed themselves.

Coincidence?

~D

kerssens
05-14-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's funny that people who come across like assholes online always have a hoard of people that they know who killed themselves.

Coincidence?

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its funny that people act like assholes online but would get the isht kicked out of them if they said half the stuff that gets posted...ah the anonimity of the internet.

Dead
05-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Like InchoateHand.

InchoateHand
05-14-2005, 04:08 PM
I feel the burn. You are a pretty tough dude there Oliver. Good thing I don't live in the New York rust belt anymore or else I would fear for my life.

jakethebake
05-14-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like InchoateHand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony?

Dead
05-14-2005, 04:18 PM
I could easily kick Inchoate's ass, and yours as well.

jakethebake
05-14-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could easily kick Inchoate's ass, and yours as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. My remark had nothing to do with who made it. It is, however, an ironic remark since it is also made over the Internet.

2. You're wrong. I [censored] bigger'n you.

Dead
05-14-2005, 04:21 PM
It doesn't matter if you're bigger than me. I took karate for 11 years. I would house you. I've only been in one fight in my life, and the dude was 6 inches taller and 60 pounds heavier.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall...

And your pitifully inadequate military training would not help you either.

I am not a violent person at all, but I know that I could take both you and Inchoate with minimal effort. Plus I've got about 15 years on you.

SpearsBritney
05-14-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter if you're bigger than me. I took karate for 11 years. I would house you. I've only been in one fight in my life, and the dude was 6 inches taller and 60 pounds heavier.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall...

And your pitifully inadequate military training would not help you either.

I am not a violent person at all, but I know that I could take both you and Inchoate with minimal effort. Plus I've got about 15 years on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be one of Dead's all-time greats.

InchoateHand
05-14-2005, 04:39 PM
I just have this clear, clear image of a blue-and-pink shirt with a popped collar and a v-necked sweater wrapped around Oliver's shoulders and his [censored]-eating grin as he pauses to measure his opponent and then leads him to the scales before "housing" him. I am actually a Shaolin monk on the internet, and my Sig is bigger than Oliver's.

Dead
05-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Now for my image of you:

An ugly, overweight grouch whose caustic responses to 2+2 threads are getting old.

I would house your fat ass if we ever fought. End of story.

InchoateHand
05-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Wow, I didn't know I was fat, thanks for clearing that up---without your helpful input, I would have gone on seeing myself as I appear to others.