PDA

View Full Version : World Series Qualifier, short stacked with T8s

flytrap
05-12-2005, 04:28 AM
The blinds are 400 800. I have t2800 after posting the small blind. The top 4 get seats, and places 5-7 get around $4000, $2600, and $1800 respectively. I've been stealing to stay alive, but haven't had a real hand in a while. Most of my steals have been successful, and the table has been playing very tight. Everyone folds to me in the small blind, I have T8s. As of right now there is t1200 in the pot, I have t2800 left. The BB is somewhat shortstacked with about t7000. I thought about this for a little while, and here was my thought process.
The arguements for pushing are that I'm shortstacked, and the rest of the table has folded, meaning I only need one more person to fold to take down the blinds. I might not get another opportunity like this. I also have a reasonable, but not great hand.
Obviously the arguement for folding is compelling as well. I have now posted both blinds so get another complete revolution to get a hand. My worry here is I'll get something marginal, and with just a short stack will have to show the winner.
I pushed. What do you think?

PennDisc
05-12-2005, 02:29 PM
You've left out a lot of vital info. How many players are left? Are you already on the final table? What are the chip stacks of all your opponents? Are you the absolute shortest stack? How many players are on your table? How tight is the BB?

I think you need to post some or all of this info to get valid responses.

U235
05-12-2005, 02:51 PM
I'd push every time. I gather that you are the shortest stack, so waiting for other opponents to drop would seem to not be worthwhile. Therefore, you need chips, and this would seem to be a good place. T8s is good enough (I think) to make chips vs. a random hand with the dead money in the pot.

If BB will call with any hand, I think a push is marginal, but correct. If there is any chance that the BB will fold (especially hands like J3 or Q2), the push becomes a standout.

betgo
05-12-2005, 03:15 PM
With 3 1/2 x BB, I wouldn't need a hand as strong as T8s to push from the SB.

JonLines
05-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Yeah you push blind....... unless, you are in the last 8 and someone is sitting there with like 10 chips.....

yecul
05-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Number of people left would certainly be helpful. If this is Party w/o antes then you should probably fold if it's bubble time as you have another rotation to pick a spot. Short of those things, I would push. If you're not near the seat yet then you have to build your stack to get there.

Masquerade
05-12-2005, 04:01 PM
If you had 4000 UTG (I'm ignoring antes) and made the decision not to push then I think logically you should wait for something on the next orbit - or UTG if nothing comes.

flytrap
05-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Sorry, I did have the missing info in there, but I was changing my post a bit and forgot to put it in. There were 16 people left, meaning 8 at each table, and I had the fewest chips at the tourney.