PDA

View Full Version : 25nl PLAYER couldnt beat 50nl so i do 100nl: PROBLEM?

NiR
05-12-2005, 02:19 AM
well incase any of you dont know, i am a 8table 25nl player who tried 50nl couple times multitabling, even single tabling but i just COULD NOT BEAT IT. i first tried it for 4 days and lost 700 dollars in it!! 14 buyins!! so i went back to 25nl multi and after making back twice as much, i went back to 50nl and tried it and LOST AGAIN. about 4 buyins. so i decided to quit it forever. and then the day came when i had enough of a br to do 100nl even 200nl. so i decided to give 100nl a try. and after couple days i am liking it. i am winning consistently and havnt had too much of a variance. i am about to start multitabling 100nl very soon. maybe from tomorrow.

has anyone else faced this ussue? a level they couldnt beat so they just skipped it and did well on the next level? specificall 25-100.

PoBoy321
05-12-2005, 02:22 AM
I think that your problem is most likely psychological. I've often fallen into the same problem when I move up in limits. I feel that your problem is most likely that you are focusing too much on the money and not enough on the chips. You have to realize that poker is a game of maximizing EV and the levels that you're playing at are irrelevant.

joewatch
05-12-2005, 02:40 AM
The only way to figure out what went wrong is to examine what sort of hands you lost with.