PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on a couple of hands.

tallboy
05-12-2005, 01:44 AM
Hi there. I have been lurking on the forums for a while now. I wanted to get some analysis on a couple of hands.

Assume no reads on the players.

Hand 1:
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero ???

Hand 2:
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>

Thanks.

irishpint
05-12-2005, 01:50 AM
hand 1: you don't want to, but I think you need to call that. you have 8 outs to the straight and I think you're about there odds wise. I have no idea what these people have, however. they might have it already.

hand 2: this is where i think i lose some money, but I'd bet this again. I dont think he'd call you down with a 2. If he had a 9 he'd certainly let you know. Since you raised PF and bet every street I think you bet and hope he folds. By checking I think you give him the green light to bet anything. I could be WAY wrong here tho.

Entity
05-12-2005, 01:51 AM
#1. Call.

#2. Check. I'd fold if he bet into me since there really isn't much he can be betting here that didn't A) pair up, or B) hit the flush.

milesdyson
05-12-2005, 01:59 AM
Hand 1 I am 3-betting the flop because there's a decent chance I have the best hand, and I also have a good draw.

If UTG+1 is very passive, a turn fold is in order for two cold, as you probably only have 3 outs, and they'd be to a split.

Hand 2 is read dependent. Mostly it's check fold. In some 6-max games against certain guys I'll check call.

SoftcoreRevolt
05-12-2005, 01:59 AM
Raise preflop, call the turn.

Bodhi
05-12-2005, 03:37 AM
For hand #1, I don't see why you have no problem cold-calling on the flop, but cold calling the turn with nearly the same odds is a problem for you.

Hand #2, just check the turn. You're betting into two opponents, out of position, on a coordinated flop. Give up your bluff after the flop.

bigalt
05-12-2005, 04:19 AM
i got really confused when looking at hand #2 because it's so different. i'd keep multiple-hand posts to similar situations.

i'd also lean towards raising the flop in #1. You're possibly folding out the autobetting BB and really working hard to clean up overcards, in case your hand is good still. You also have a good straight draw and you are stealing one of the diamonds outs for anybody that might be on that draw.

imported_leader
05-12-2005, 06:56 AM
Hand 1: Raise PF. 3 bet the flop. call the turn

Hand 2: check/fold the turn unless both the other players are loose post flop in which case you would bet folding to a raise and check/call 1 bet on the river.

MrEngenic
05-12-2005, 07:49 AM
First hand:
You have two nines so chances are that the others have a lower straight or overpair. I'd say you have about 6 outs to the best hand (3 T's and 2-3 5's since I think at least one 5 is out there and you have to discount for the flush draw) so just count the odds you are getting. Expect to gain a few extra bets on the river if you hit since two players like their hands.

Second hand:
Check/Fold. He (probably) called you down with a flush draw, a pair or a straight draw. The T either gave him the flush, the straight or a pair. If he called down with 56 you are still ahead but that's about it. Give it up.

wireMan
05-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Hand 1:
Preflop - I like it.
Flop - I'd 3-bet here and see what happens. Capped back to me I call and see the turn.
Turn - As you played it, with the c/r from UTG+1 I'm assuming he either flopped the straight, a set, or two pair. I'm folding the turn faced with 2 bets.

Hand 2:
Preflop - I like.
Flop - I like.
Turn - This is where I've started to lay off my pfr overcards when I haven't hit. Overcards are drawing hands and with the turn not being a club your flush is gone, leaving you with just drawing to top pair on a paired board with two to a flush. I check the turn. If UTG+2 bets and MP2 calls, I fold. If UTG+2 checks and MP2 bets I may raise to represent an overpair, folding to a 3-bet. If they both check behind, we see what the river brings.
River - The way you played so far represents either the flush draw or an overpair. I'm betting the river as you've played it, folding to a raise.

theghost
05-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Hand #1: Hero calls. You are getting 8:1 on 6 clean outs, and 2 somewhat discounted diamond outs for the straight. If a 9 comes you're in for a crying call.

Hand #2 I suck at. You should read "Heads up on the end" in TOP or "Heads up on 5th street" in HEPFAP, wrap your head around it.
My guess is check call when the flush card comes.

davelin
05-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Grunching

Hand 1 -
Raise pre-flop, 3 bet flop, call turn

HajiShirazu
05-12-2005, 10:47 AM
In hand 1 I'm raising preflop and putting in a 3 bet on the flop. You need to call the turn, because a lot of the time you actually will have a full 10 outs (you could be against the straight already, but usually your outs will be good here) but fold the river unimproved.
In hand 2 I would usually end up check calling the river but thinking about it check fold is probably better since the ten of clubs is the worst possible river card, pairing a lot of hands he could have been calling with, and completing almost all draws.

deception5
05-12-2005, 12:20 PM
Haven't seen other responses - here goes...

Hand 1:

Preflop: Raise and call a reraise.
Flop: Play the same until the end - cap this. You have an oesd and an overpair.

Turn: As long as you are getting 1:4 odds or better you have to call this imho, even if it's just for the oesd. Pot is huge.

Hand 2:

I have trouble with these as well. Flop bet is good with only 3 players in the hand if you think they will fold, but the board is fairly coordinated. Turn I'm leaning more towards checking. Your bdfd is not going to happen so at this point you just have overcards. I'd like to see how much my opponents like their hands at this point. If they are passive I would probably fold to a bet.

deception5
05-12-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have two nines so chances are that the others have a lower straight or overpair. I'd say you have about 6 outs to the best hand (3 T's and 2-3 5's since I think at least one 5 is out there and you have to discount for the flush draw) so just count the odds you are getting. Expect to gain a few extra bets on the river if you hit since two players like their hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

No reason to assume a 5 is already out there imho. 2-pair/top pair/overpair/set would all bet and raise here and would all be beaten if the straight came down.

KaiShin
05-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Hand 1:

You've come this far. Don't lay it down now. Call.

Also I would raise PF.

Hand 2:

Check/fold.