PDA

View Full Version : JJ , party 3/6, standard?

pokahjokah
05-12-2005, 01:43 AM
UTG+1 limps, all fold to Mid position who limps, CO limps, and I raise JJ on button.
Blinds fold, all others call, to the flop 4 Handed.
Flop is:
Kc 5c 8s
All check to me, I bet.
UTG+1 folds, others call.
Turn is a 4d (3 handed)
All check to me, I bet.
All call.
River is a Ac (3 Handed)
All check to me I check.

The river completed the Flush, and put two likely overs out there so I checked. Does anyone p lay this hand differently? Is this pretty much standard?

elindauer
05-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Totally standard.

Good luck.
Eric

Clarkmeister
05-12-2005, 02:09 AM
Nothing you can really do differently there. A bet on the river will sometimes fold a weak king that is first in line to call, leaving you against a bunch of worse hands, but that's a fairly rare parlay. Well played.

JoshuaD
05-12-2005, 02:15 AM
If the A was offsuit I might bet it.

PokerBob
05-12-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing you can really do differently there. A bet on the river will sometimes fold a weak king that is first in line to call, leaving you against a bunch of worse hands, but that's a fairly rare parlay. Well played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you betting the river if a total brick hits?

Fat Nicky
05-12-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If the A was offsuit I might bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes it closer, but still not close enough to bet IMO.

DMBFan23
05-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Jah mon

pshabi
05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
On the turn, can you safely assume you are up against a weak King?

I would lean towards checking the turn through with that many people calling the flop bet.

Someone explain why that's a bad line please.

Fat Nicky
05-12-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would lean towards checking the turn through with that many people calling the flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

because you give a free card to anyone holding a flush draw, a Q or and A.

PokerBob
05-12-2005, 11:52 AM
OK. This is something that kinda confuses me. I just wonder if I will be shown someting other than a K often enough to make this bet profitable. If they are drawing, they missed and will muck the river. If they have a K, their hand is made and I lose. I think I know the reasons for betting. Tell me if I am thinking straight (I lost 80BB in 1.3K hands last night, so I'm seeing monsters a bit)...If anyone had a K, they probably would have bet it, or gotten cute with a c/r at some point.....some jackass with A8 or 98 or 28 or a naked ace will call me.....

On an aside, what do your think the ratio is for times I will be show a K to times I will be called with a worse hand? 45/50? 40/50? 35/50?.....

DMBFan23
05-12-2005, 11:58 AM
I suppose it depends on the river "blank"

but if they limped with something like 99, A8s, 89s, etc, or if they hit something like a T on the river with QcTc, then they will call a bet.

if he's a typical player then I would imagine he doesn't have a K because of his combined lack of a PFR (this eliminates AK, KQ most of the time) and his lack of any flop/turn action.

he could have something like K9s or KTs, but hey we only have to win slightly more than half of the time when called.

I usually just assume I'm in river value bet mode in position with these kinds of hands until I get a specific read that I'm up against a tricky checkraiser or a weak tight rock.

EDIT:
[ QUOTE ]
On an aside, what do your think the ratio is for times I will be show a K to times I will be called with a worse hand? 45/50? 40/50? 35/50?.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say it's slimmer than some obvious value bets like top pair, since you have to estimate from combined action on all streets that a K is less likely

chief444
05-12-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, can you safely assume you are up against a weak King?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because that's a very bad assumption.

PokerBob
05-12-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

because you give a free card to anyone holding a flush draw, a Q or and A.

[/ QUOTE ]