PDA

View Full Version : Evaluate my play in these 3 hands plz

UATrewqaz
05-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Hand 1.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (6.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Qh Kh (flush, ace high).
Hero has Jd Ad (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: UTG wins 12.75 BB. </font>

Hand 2.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Hero has 8s Js (three of a kind, eights).
BB has Ah 9d (two pair, nines and eights).
MP1 has Jh Qh (flush, queen high).
Outcome: MP1 wins 14.50 BB. </font>

Hand 3.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1.78 (All-In), MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (13.03 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 16.03 BB

UTG has 2s Ts (one pair, tens).
MP1 has Ks Kd (one pair, kings).
MP2 has 8h Ah (two pair, aces and eights).
Hero has As Jd (straight, jack high).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.03 BB. </font>

Isura
05-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Hand 1: I'd call the river.

Hand 2: Who know is villian was sandbagging a better 8, or hit a flush. But I think you have to call getting the odds. But maybe this is a fold at .5/1, I've been playing too much 1/2 6 max lately.

Hand 3: Fold the flop. I'd probably check the river, but it's probably close.

I'm sleepy now, so I'll let others elaborate.

SteveL91
05-12-2005, 01:48 AM
Hand 1:

Sometimes I'll 3-bet the flop, but I don't think calling is too bad. With the other person calling two cold, I'd probably be more inclined to 3-bet with my nut flush and overcards. The turn is read-based. If this person will limp in with big aces, then I think checking is okay; otherwise, I'd rather bet out. River raise is spewing.

Hand 2:

Fine, I think.

Hand 3:

I'd probably still raise pre-flop, but I don't really mind the limp after three limpers. I still think it's a raise unless you know the limpers to be decent and not limping random crap. The river is obviously fine, and I think the turn is also. On the flop, I'm not sure the call is good. Given the coordinated, draw-heavy nature of the board, there's a good chance of it being raised behind you. Your J outs are marginal at best, and I'm not sure one pair will take it. Regardless, I think I'd peel also getting 7:50:1.

irishpint
05-12-2005, 01:54 AM
1: i'd bet the turn
2: nothing

note: you aren't going to get the flush to fold. you lost, that's life/it happens. you didn't do anything wrong.

3:looks good to me.

imported_leader
05-12-2005, 07:07 AM
Hand 1: I'd lead the turn most of the time, and raising the river here is not good at all. He's likely to 3-bet or fold here. Just call and hope CO comes along.

Hands 2 and 3 are standard.

MrEngenic
05-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Hand 1: Reraise the flop, you have a great draw and you trap UTG for another bet. Why didnt you bet the turn, were you planning a check raise? Often when someone raises on the flop last to act it is to buy a free card. Don't give it to him. If he raises he probably has you beat but you have outs to beat him, unless he has a full house, so getting raised is not a disaster.

Hand 2
I'd play it the same

Hand 3
Raise preflop, other than that it's fine.

handsome
05-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Hand 1: Bet the turn for value and call a river bet.

Hand 2: The river bet is good but you should really fold to a raise. MP1 is saying "I can beat trips" and IMHO, you're not gonna win this enough (1/13) to make the call profitable

Hand 3: Fold the flop. The other streets look ok though

kapw7
05-12-2005, 08:07 AM
It would be more helpful, I think, if you posted your own thoughts behind each action.
For hand 3:
Limping PF with AJ is fine. AJo is not the best multiway. I would rather raise with 78s.
Raise the flop, giving 7.5:2 odds to gutshots, one club hands, overcards etc.

Isura
05-12-2005, 09:11 AM
I can't believe so many are advocating calling/raising the flop in hand 3 (AJo hand). It's a pretty clear fold, and I think calling here is pretty terrible. Reverse implied odds pretty much such here, and even if a A or J hits, it usually sets up a redraw on this coordinated board.

istewart
05-12-2005, 09:17 AM
I think you can peel one with a gutshot, albeit tainted.

HajiShirazu
05-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi,
In hand 1 I'm putting in a value 3-bet on the flop and going from there. The way it went down with your flop action, just play straightforward and bet the turn, this one gets checked through a lot and for good reason. Don't raise the river and I wouldn't even bother calling the 3 bet.
Hand 2 is fine.
In hand 3 I go ahead and raise the flop, perhaps you can clean up your nine outs against a loose jack, fold out some backdoor hands that could cost you the pot on the river if you hit on the turn, and/or get a freecard.

Megenoita
05-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Hand 2 is standard.

Hand 3 you should consider raising PF if you are in a loose game, which you probably are. Not only do you sometimes fold a blind, but you also pick up the pots where you miss but others miss as well. Or, you can often check through and see a free turn. Plus, you have PF equity as AJ is probably the best hand in the pot.

Hand 1 is why I'm posting, as I don't think anyone has commented thoroughly. You played this completely opposite to what is correct, IMO. At least you raised PF. On the flop, you absolutely should 3-bet. You have 2 overs, a flush draw, and a b/d straight draw. Assuming the raiser has top pair or a pocket pair higher than 5's but lower than J's, you are the favorite to win this hand. Therefore, this is a 3-bet for value. On the turn, you need to raise! You hit one of your overcards, and you are probably ahead now. Not raising is bad here. On the river, considering your action, you should call (because by your action you don't know if you're beat, but by my action, you would have known). When he raises (assuming your river raise), you should fold. I don't consider any of this debatable. It's standard.

M

deception5
05-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Hand 1: I'm betting the turn and if raised I'm fearing the 5. River card sucks! I call here if someone bets into me after my turn aggression.

Hand 2: Looks good. Another terrible river card!

Hand 3: Raise preflop. If the flop was then checked to me I bet. In this case I think calling is ok. Turn and river look good (finally a good river card! /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

KaiShin
05-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Hand 1:

Bet the turn, don't raise the river.

Hand 2:

Fine.

Hand 3:

Raise preflop. My limit for not raising this preflop is 4 limpers.

Rev. Good Will
05-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Firstoff, don't post resuslts (I swear I didn't peek though)

1 -
Reads on CO? If he has half a brain, I don't think he would call PF with any 5, and due to that, the view that UTG isn't going anywhere, and my love of varience, I'm 3-betting the flop. Bet the turn. I'm partial to folding the river since UTG woke up (calling 2 cold on the flop says alot about his hand)

2 -
looks standard to me, nice hand

3 -
with one overcard as my only draw, I'm folding the flop. rest of the hand is kosher.

EDIT - Hand 3, raise PF for value

Rev. Good Will
05-12-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I'd call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even to a player who has been otherwise been playing passive the whole hand, even calling two cold on the flop?

Getting 1:7.75 on a double paired board, I think this is an easy fold