PDA

View Full Version : TDL on 24h

randomstumbl
05-12-2005, 01:27 AM
So, I deposited at 24h to give the TDL tourneys a try.

As others have mentioned their TDL cash games are usually empty. I sat down though and within 10 minutes someone else did too. The guy was great, I had to explain that aces where high - things like that. So, I'd recommend giving it a shot if you don't have any other games worth playing sometime.

The only downside is that the rake is a lot higher than UB or at least it seems that way. At 1/2 we lost 8 euros to rake in about 20 minutes of playing. On the other hand, the few times I've played UB heads up at 1/2, I remember thinking the rake was high too.

Tom Bayes
05-12-2005, 08:49 AM
I don't play much triple draw personally. I do play quite a bit at 24h. I've been tempted to try to start TDL tables, but I remember from a few heads-up sessions at UB that the rake gets pretty oppressive in HU TD, and so I don't. Also, I like to play 2 tables at once and I find triple draw (esp. short-handed) to be a very difficult game to multi-table.

Of course, the stereotypical 24h player is a loose-aggressive young Scandanavian or eastern European who likes action and maybe came to the poker room through the sports book, so they might be so clueless at TDL for it to be worth it. I've seen some pretty LAGgy pot-limit draw games. I imagine the PLO and NLHE is that way too.