PDA

View Full Version : 6 Max Lesson.

TheCat
05-12-2005, 01:26 AM
Party 6 Max, 50 dollar, NLHE.

I've been observing the table for a while until a seat is free. Villian is an aggressive player who likes to pick of continuation bets. He has a 200 dollar plus stack and he's dominating the table.
I get a seat immediately to the right of villian where I check/fold the first two hands. The third hand I'm in BB with AKs.

Villain UTG limps,
UTG+1 limps.
Fold to me.
I raise to 3.
Villian calls
UTG+1 folds

Flop is J,rag,rag
I bet 5
Villian raises to 10
I push my whole stack.
Villian calls

turn rag
river rag

Villian shows J7 and scoops the pot.

What lesson should I learn here?

I think I was over keen to teach him a lesson. Perhaps I should have waited until I had a hand.

the machine
05-12-2005, 01:32 AM
the lesson to be learned is to watch out for maniacs and morons like this guy. 25 and 50 nl games are filled with them. you all know 'em " i had to play them they were suited". muck to a raise and get him when you got the best of it.

TheWorstPlayer
05-12-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is an aggressive player

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he's dominating the table

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds scary.
[ QUOTE ]
I get a seat immediately to the right of villian

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops!
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps I should have waited until I had a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
At SSNL this is the greatest lesson anyone can learn.

TheCat
05-12-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...get him when you got the best of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very good advice, I wish I had.

This guy wasn't your 25 dollar maniac. He appeared to be very aggressive but controlled. I thought I'd just try to outplay him, I certainly chose the wrong time to do it.

TheCat
05-12-2005, 01:45 AM
Yeah, you said it why do battle against obviously good players.
There are so many fish in these waters, may as well take your money from them.
That's my lesson, thanks.

xorbie
05-12-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the lesson to be learned is to watch out for maniacs and morons like this guy. 25 and 50 nl games are filled with them. you all know 'em " i had to play them they were suited". muck to a raise and get him when you got the best of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how you call him a moron when he made the right play and took Hero's stack. It's not like he sucked out.

Do it once to him with AA, then see what happens the rest of the session.

Also take a seat to his left.

swedeD
05-12-2005, 02:25 AM
The problem with your play is that at this limits your all-in push, that is supposed to scare him off the pot and learn him a lesson that he can't bully you, easily can be mistaken as a fishy "I missed the flop with my great starting hand so now I'm just going all-in because I'm so frustrated"...

He don't have any read on you, so he probably assume you are a fish.