PDA

View Full Version : Ratholer

andyfox
05-12-2005, 01:08 AM
So there I am with all of 10 chips in front of me. I sense somebody feeling around my pockets. I turn and see it's our own beloved snakehead, and he inquires, "Are you ratholing chips?"

"Yeah," I reply, "190 of 'em." Unfortunately, I was lying.

I made a quick recovery, however, and several hours later left for the day only 140 chips short of what I originally had.

Rick Nebiolo
05-12-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So there I am with all of 10 chips in front of me. I sense somebody feeling around my pockets. I turn and see it's our own beloved snakehead, and he inquires, "Are you ratholing chips?"

"Yeah," I reply, "190 of 'em." Unfortunately, I was lying.

I made a quick recovery, however, and several hours later left for the day only 140 chips short of what I originally had.

[/ QUOTE ]

If my math is right you gained back fifty chips by staying "several" more hours. If several equals five hours and each chip is worth ten bucks that's an hourly rate of a hundred an hour.

Time well spent /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

NLSoldier
05-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Do you really let yourself get that low? I usually reload whenever I have less than 1 rack in front of me. The thought of being all in with the nuts just kills me.

Zeno
05-12-2005, 02:25 AM
Funny story. I hope you do not hit me up for a loan.

-Zeno

Vincent Lepore
05-12-2005, 05:40 AM
No "rat" here. Just a cagy old Fox!

Vince

andyfox
05-12-2005, 11:41 AM
I take my blinds shortstacked and then reload.

andyfox
05-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Yeah, it was the time prior to that point that was ill-spent, figuratively and literally.

andyfox
05-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Hadn't planned to, but now that you suggest it . . .

Phat Mack
05-12-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hadn't planned to, but now that you suggest it . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Since Zeno is offering, I could sure use $20 'til payday...

Zeno
05-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Phat,

I print my own money - you can have as much as you want. It cost $10 U.S. to get $20 in Zeno currency. This currency is guaranteed, backed by my corporation and should be good in all poker rooms. Shipping is gratis. Send your check or money order payable on US Banks only to:

Zeno World Domination Enterprises, Inc.

C/O

El Diablo Printing, Computing, and Software Services
P.O. Box 666
San Francisco, CA.

-Zeno

HDPM
05-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Snakehead feeling around your pockets? That sounds rewarding enough in itself. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

J.A.Sucker
05-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Next time, slap him in the face, Gabor-style.

Phat Mack
05-12-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I print my own money - you can have as much as you want. It cost $10 U.S. to get $20 in Zeno currency. This currency is guaranteed, backed by my corporation and should be good in all poker rooms. Shipping is gratis. Send your check or money order payable on US Banks only to:

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent. I'll contact them immediately. I'll mention your name so I'm sure that I'll have no trouble setting up terms. You say they'll accept my check?

[ QUOTE ]
Zeno World Domination Enterprises, Inc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the same firm that's in charge of Chowaha World Domination?

snakehead
05-13-2005, 02:29 AM
well, he did have a big smile on his face when I left.

Zeno
05-13-2005, 03:35 AM
I am always thrilled to read your replies.

[ QUOTE ]
Chowaha ( poker )

A hold 'em variant invented in a private game by RGPer Mike Chow, and popularized at BARGE, in which each player gets two downcards, the dealer flops nine cards, arranged in three rows of three, then turns two cards vertically at the ends of the "corridors" between the preceding rows, and rivers one card in the middle and to the right of the two, the whole arrangement forming a large arrow-like structure.

Players form their best five-card hand using their two plus any three cards from the four possible five-card board combinations: top row of three plus top card of two plus river card, bottom row of three plus bottom card of two plus river card, middle row of three plus either one of the two turn cards plus river card.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I did a search on chowaha world domination and got a hit on an old 2+2 thread (or threads, it was huge) in the 'other poker games' forum, from January 2001. Buzz and Ray Zee and Andy B and Glen and patrick dicaprio and a host of others (but no Phat!) are babbling on and on and on and on.

My World Domination Enterprise only deals with poker in a peripheral manner, almost an after thought. The real purpose is a secret. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

And I hope that ends the matter. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Zeno

Phat Mack
05-13-2005, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Buzz and Ray Zee and Andy B and Glen and patrick dicaprio and a host of others (but no Phat!)

[/ QUOTE ]
Look again.

[ QUOTE ]
And I hope that ends the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good luck. But I'll be brief. Chowaha originally required dealer tokes for winning hands and for incoming dealers. The idea was to encourage dealers to want to deal this game so that it would take over the world. There was a web site devoted to this plan (I'll let you guess the plan's name), but it is, unfortunately, defunct. </hijack>